Original topic:

Fast charging with 25W Charger not detected

(Topic created: 12-04-2021 02:43 AM)
userFoZFnHCwGL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

In brief:

- The Samsung fast charger worked fine until 3 days ago: the fast charger is no more detected.
- The "slow" charging by USB-C connection to computer works. 
- I asked and got a new Samsung fast charger that ends up with the same result (no detection).

I really don't what to do next (I already tried several software updates tricks).

Note: it seems that there was a major update on my phone between the last successful charge and the first failing one.

5 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Hoping you also switched out cables? Getting the same result on different power bricks would indicate either the cable or outlet has an issue
0 Likes
userFoZFnHCwGL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I also switched cables (the new charger came with a new cable), on different plugs: same result. The most probable issue is an USB C connector of the phone or an issue with big update that happend before the issue (firmware issue)

0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Seems likely it's one of those two (Port of Software issue)
0 Likes
Solution
DannyBoy91
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Check and make sure your fast charging setting is turned on. Perhaps it got turned off by mistake?
0 Likes
userFoZFnHCwGL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks, in fact the fast charging was disabled, but as the ultra fast charging was enabled it didn't catched my eye. So it was a much simpler solution (the problem probably came by random clicking from my 2yo daughter). 

0 Likes