Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Ultra creates duplicate (dual) Google apps

(Topic created: 07-03-2022 05:50 AM)
userhbNGhPkv3I
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello there,

I would appreciate to have solution for the duplicate apps that appeared in my Galaxy S21 U few days ago and they are consuming battery. I noticed that the issue is with Google Apps.

- Android System WebView

- Google Play services

- Google Chrome

I am attaching screenshots of my app listing.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Screenshot_20220703-153937_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220703-153929_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220703-153923_Settings.jpg

3 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I would try wiping the data partition: 

- If your device is powered on, turn it off completely

- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power key

- Once the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the device enters the recovery mode.

- Using the Volume Down key, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then press the Power key to select it.

- Highlight Yes, and press the Power key again.

- Navigate to Reboot and press the Power key to reboot your device.

If that doesn't help then submit an error report:

Right after the issue appears, please submit an Error Report. Samsung Members app->Get Help->Feedback->Error Reports

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userhbNGhPkv3I
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi Bill, thank you very much for feedback. I have tried to wipe the cache partition, followed by the app repair from the recovery mode and it didn't work. I have as well sent the error report as you suggested and will wait for the feedback. Thanks again!

Dave

0 Likes
Solution
userhbNGhPkv3I
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi Everyone,

Just to close the topic in case anyone will face same issue. There was no solution except to do the hard reset and reinstall all the apps. I can only assume that the issue was with Dual Messenger as I used Whatsapp Dual and that it has something to do with backing up of data, updating dual app etc, but cant know for sure. I am not using Dual option now and opted to use Whatsapp Business and it works perfectly.

All the best,

Dave