JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I save my text messages before performing a factory reset?

(Topic created: 12-23-2022 07:40 PM)
userGL5BVUDVjW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello I have ran out of memory on my Samsung S21 I need to factory reset but I don't want to loose my text messages is there a way to save them so I don't loose them when i reset my phone? 

4 Replies
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to settings then accounts and backup and then backup data. How do you know that factory reset will help you? Maybe you can just find what is using the storage and delete what it's not needed

userGL5BVUDVjW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I am good on everything but the most that is using srage it says other I have no way of finding out what other is on my phone?
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
The other is mostly a cache data from your apps. Go to each app's details and clear data. Remember the space 'other' takes before you clear cache of a few apps such as play store, maps.. Then compare the 'other' again and see

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey,

There is a way to back up your text messages and you can easily restore them after the factory reset.

You can back up them on Samsung Cloud and you can restore them later. Follow these steps.

• Go to Settings > Cloud and Account > Accounts > Samsung Account > Add Account, then login to your Samsung Account, if you don’t have an account, then create it.
  • Now, again navigate to Settings > Cloud and Account > Samsung Cloud > Backup Settings.
  • Now, simply turn on the toggle next to the Messages app.
  • If you want to manually back up your text messages, then tap on Backup Now, and it will let you back up manually.
  • There is an option where it automatically backup your text messages, tap on Automatic Backup, it will automatically back up your texts.

Now, restore it after performing a factory reset. Hope this helps if it does, then don’t forget to accept it as a solution.

0 Likes