Original topic:

How to get Mms to send large files?

(Topic created: 09-23-2022 08:05 PM)
SideHustler
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm wondering if there is a way to send large files via mms.  My s21 ultra doesn't let me send any files bigger than 1 megabyte 

8 Replies
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
That's the limit of MMS technology.

You can send a cloud link if you have a cloud service. Most companies, Microsoft, Google, and Samsung offer free accounts with some cloud storage.

https://youtu.be/p2YyHc__MOI
SideHustler
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok thanks
0 Likes
ozzyy75
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
U can also use Google txt message. If ur not already using it. I noticed. Google txt message let's u send large files
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Google Messages is capped at 64 MB, I believe. There is no limit on file size on a cloud storage link, so depending on the file size you'll need to pick what works best for you.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
You can also try Quick Share in the Samsung Gallery app.

https://youtu.be/XEJ_a84zZaU
garrettt67
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Google messages is the way to go. Samsung message is very outdated.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Messaging file sizes depends on the carrier, the type of messaging (RCS or MMS)  and of course the recipients use of a like messaging service as well as in-carrier restrictions.  What that means is that it all depends 😉 

Google Messages, sure if both you and the recipient are using RCS and both are on the same carrier when required. 

WiFi has higher limits usually as does 4g/5g

Typical MMS file size limits are as follows:

CarrierLong CodeShort CodeToll-Free
AT&T1 MB1 MB525 KB
Verizon1.2 MB1.2 MB525 KB
T-Mobile1 MB1 MB525 KB
Sprint2 MB2 MB525 KB
US Cellular500 KB500 KB525 KB

Search Google for your carrier's RCS file size limits. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
5GKiller
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Smart man here!
0 Likes