Original topic:

June Update Woes For S21 Ultra

(Topic created: 07-02-2024 07:10 AM)
Options
Galaxy S21
Well I spoke too soon about my S21 Ultra not having issues. I was wrong I tell you. The same things I said that were happening with my S23 FE have truly kicked in with my S21 Ultra (Post Recovery Mode Wipe Cache twice). Strange my foldables still have no issues regarding this matter (Post June Update). This month's security patch did something horrible to my FE & Ultra phones, speed, performance, camera & photo snaps hesitating & apps not loading quickly as they should but oddly enough the battery life has not suffered. What's happening here Samsung? What did you do or what did you break? Something is very off here. 
6 Replies
msmht
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same issue on my 21U and 23FE. Just want to chime in to raise the awareness.
userN2hjMDC5cB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My S21 touchscreen doesn't respond after this UI 6.1 update. None of the suggestions from Samsung has worked. Most require a working screen. This is rediculous. This issue is not solved. 

Cyrus-g
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Same thing happened to me 2 days ago. After updating overnight my phone doesn't respond to touch in the home screen. I was on the phone for about an hour with Samsung and thy said they have no clue why and what to do. Send me an email at Jackloverbuck999@gmail.com if you get an answer please.

bendroid
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Latest update for June rendered my S21 Ultra useless off of WiFi. Called Verizon and they verified they are receiving a lot of reports that the latest update broke mobile data for S21 and S22 phones. It's so bad that Verizon is offering to replace your phone with the same model and advising not to update it... This is wild. Some real Apple level treachery.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Just as I figured, they're pulling an apple move here with unpacked coming next week trying to get customers to upgrade. How shameful.
0 Likes
Ilse49
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I don't know if it was after the June or July update but I started having trouble accessing voicemail. After using 4 hours of my rapidly dwindling time on earth, I was told that in the interest of security and privacy,  I need to uninstall any security apps I have added and turn off the VPN to be able to get voicemail.  Or I can turn off VPN and restart in safe mode. I can't even begin to understand how that will improve my phone's security and privacy. **bleep**???

And just now it worked just fine without making all those changes. Bleep again. 

Update 8-19-24. Not working again. Is the problem verizon or samsung?

0 Likes