Original topic:

Left swipe to currently open apps no longer have functions S21 Ultra - June Update

(Topic created: Tuesday)
TXFrog
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Post June 25 update, left swipe to currently open apps no longer functions. 

5 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

are you using the single swipe up in the middle or the old 3 style swipe 

You might need to download Goodlock to re enable the old style 

Open Goodlock
Scroll down to Navstar and install
Toggle On and Enable Extra Gestures Settings
Exit Goodlock

Open Phone Settings
Display
- Navigation Bar
- Select Swipe Gestures
- More Options-
- and select the 3 Swipe

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

CesarO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Omg I just made a post complaining about this. And if Goodlock works I will love you forever
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

LOL i just replied to your post 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Faraimunashe Mutata
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My Samsung s21 untra is not responding the touch screen after an upgrade 

0 Likes
Members_DPacSir
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Neither is my S21. Update from 6.0 to 6.1 killed the touchscreen. Some are saying it only happens on non-Samsung screens (where it's been replaced), but lots of people are saying that they bought brand new phones in sealed packages. I did as well, although it was from a very highly rated reseller on eBay... so it's possible they lied to me. It was sold as new and looked like a new phone from a sealed box.

Regardless, how can Samsung release an update that kills perfectly functioning phones? And then give us fixes (like wiping the cache) that they know will not work followed by suggesting that we take the phones to their service centers for a repair that may cost more than the current value of the phone?

I've used Samsung phones since the Galaxy S2 came out, but if they don't give us a fix in the next couple of days I'm done with Samsung. There are other Android options and almost everyone in my family uses Apple and are telling me constantly that I should switch. They never have problems like this.

There are some videos and instructions that explain how to roll back the update, but apparently this is only if you have Version A of the software. Most of us will already have Version B, which means you'll brick the phone permanently if you try it.

Some say you can do a factory reset, but it's a bit of work to try saving everything to reload and in any event most claim it does not bring the touchscreen back to life.

This is really annoying.

0 Likes