JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Let's talk about the Elephant in the room: messaging

(Topic created: 08-10-2023 06:51 PM)
Jecaar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
We all know what I mean. Apple has not only cornered the market with the iMessage blue vs green bubbles. I know a large majority of android users have dealt with the "green message bubble" stuff. And it's frankly impressive that Apple has (whether intended or not) created text message color elitesm (it's the best term I can think of to describe it, but lmk if there is a better one). And Samsung's response, which is noteable, is the emoji reactions are texted and not just initially displayed. 

But, there are problems with not only that but the overall approach. 

I lived the windows phone era and what killed it was, hands down, the lack of willingness to let the Google app store come to the phone.

What is going to be the slow bleed over decades (In countries that dont use WhatsApp)
Is the fact that non iPhones can't message over wifi. I have bought another old MacBook to use iMessage through it and long story short, has a lot of shortcomings. Beyond the fact that I'm the 3rd person in my building to try to figure out how to spoof Imessage so we can be involved with friends.

So I ask one of two things.

1) I know the non apple companies (Samsung, Google, etc) are already looking into this to be able to compete or spoof Imessage. Make it open source because the companies haven't figured it out, but also, the only way to regain the US market share is to go opensouce and remove the sense of "betterment" people have using iMessage (because it should just be meta data coming in, so if anyone knew the meta data/API headers then it's in the bag).

And I feel like the only reason Is because you need people to look at the problem. Please, let the community fix it

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community! Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

13 Replies
Grayo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Right!, A fix for the message reactions to be sent correctly is to use Google Messages.
0 Likes
Jecaar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Does Google messages appear as blue for iMessage users?
0 Likes
K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I prefer Verizon messages
Jecaar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Does Verizon messages appear as blue for iMessage users?
K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
According to my husband, who has an iPhone, no
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Anything coming from a non-iMessage source is an SMS.  Goggle Messages would send an SMS just like Samsung and Message+ and any other non-iMessage app. 

You need an iMessage account in order to use the iMessage server.... so you need an Apple. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
K_87
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I can send a message to iPhones
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, and if it's coming from an Android phone it's being sent and received as SMS, not iMessage

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
calebjrose
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I use Beeper for iMessage
0 Likes