JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My photo gallery is no longer my default

(Topic created: 10-20-2023 05:20 AM)
GRG22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
After the most recent update, my photo gallery is no longer my default file for downloading from some of my apps. Doesn't even show up as a choice. This is a headache for me because I use to download products from my suppliers directly into Samsung gallery. I've tried everything! #galaxys21 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

yes sir šŸ‘ mark this post as solved, please, in case others who are experiencing the same problem can find this.

View solution in context

7 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm confused...products? Gallery app? Are these "products" Jpegs? You referring to pictures texted to you? Or are you referring to the native My Files app?

GRG22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Just downloading product photos for use in my ads. I can no longer download the images directly into my the phone gallery which I prefer over Google photos app. They are jpg
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
in Gallery, look for a folder called Other. also, in My Files, look for Recent files (at the top on the landing page). everything you download will appear there until replaced by other downloads (files, photos, audio, etc.)
GRG22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't see the other folder but I do see the resent files in my files and can download them from there. Thanks
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

yes sir šŸ‘ mark this post as solved, please, in case others who are experiencing the same problem can find this.

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
These type of default app options can typically be reset in Settings>Apps>top three dots>Reset app preferences. Mind you, doing this will reset several settings for all your apps.
hzhdnd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
None of the resetting has worked for me. Some things look a little different, but in an even worse way. It's resetting to something that's not even the previous Ui. I tried it with inserting photos to a google doc. While my photos and camera options are better than before, when I click on photos, it doesnt go to the calendar day selections for photos...it looks like a weird smushed up collage of photos to sort from
0 Likes