Original topic:

My s21 FE at&t locked carrier still doesn't have one ui 6

(Topic created: 07-31-2024 06:49 AM)
abir_670
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
So basically i have a s21 fe SM-G990U2 and its at&t locked, but i don't know why i even put a it&e sim in it and now i can't even take ot out because there is a dent on where the sim try comes out so it's stuck but i was wondering is it because im using a sim from a different carrier that my phone isn't updating to the new ui model?
0 Likes
abir_670
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Here is what it sent when i requested for unlock 1722340161527.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

You bought a used, locked phone off of eBay (probably from someone trying to skirt that last bill) and now it is unusable. I'm afraid you got duped. I hope the phone was really cheap so that you are not out too much money. Your only other option would be to settle the bill, even though it isn't yours. However, there is no guarantee that even if you do that you will still be able to log into your Google and Samsung account because that phone is likely still registered to the old owner's account.

My advice is to either see if you can return it or toss it out and get something else.

0 Likes
abir_670
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
But how could that even happen because the phone was sold 367 times and its from the account CellularPlasa.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

That doesn't mean the reseller checked to make sure the used device the accepted was free and clear. If they are a legitimate reseller, they will take the phone back. When someone trades in/sells a phone they no longer want, it's supposed to be unlocked and signed out of their connected accounts. Some resellers actually check, most probably just take the word of the seller.

0 Likes
abir_670
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Here is what the seller has said "Hello,
   Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist you.
These are unlocked already by a code from AT&T officially.
They may require an AT&T MVNo sim to get updates on the phone itself because it's an AT&T requirement and that will not change regardless of what you submit. 
You should however be able to update it via Samsung Smart Switch over a computer.  "
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

Sounds like they really don't want to take the phone back.  If you don't  have a computer available to you (even a friend's?) then you won't be able to try what they are suggesting. You can write back and tell them AT&T says it's still locked (they would not have unlocked it if there was an outstanding balance), and try to insist they take the phone back, or you will have to try to force open the sim tray. You can try to contact AT&T again and get a live person rather than an autobot and explain that whatever  balance there may be is not yours to bear as you bought the phone from a re-seller.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
That could be the reason since updates come from the original service provider that the phone was purchased from.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Josphe72
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Sucks you can't take the smart card out. The only way my Note10+ plus would update is when I removed the smart card and used wifi
It would not update with that Sim card in
0 Likes
Angiethekirin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Smart switch on pc helps update it. Did that for my att a14
0 Likes
abir_670
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21