JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

NFC needs to be put back for medical reasons

(Topic created: 02-02-2021 06:06 PM)
userksnzNUu5VV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Did you know that endocrinologist are pushing patients to get Diabetic bloodless monitors. Each month a Diabetic people monitors that attach to their body and scans from the NFC secure information from body to phone to app to doctors to regulate insulin. Please visit an endocrinologist to find out why they don't use Bluetooth and use NFC. 

Samsung will lose alot of customers or certain customers will not upgrade because they can no longer use their medical devices connected to NFC. Do not kick yourself out of customer reach. Please research my claims. 

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@userksnzNUu5VV I have the S21 Ultra. Also, here is the link to the specs. No need to worry, NFC is there. It won't be going away (probably) ever.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21

i didnt know that NFC was gone on the S21 it was the MST that was dropped this year that allowed you to use samsung pay with regular credit card terminals.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21

@userksnzNUu5VV @Anonymous  is correct. MST was removed, the feature that simulated card swipes for older card terminals without NFC functionality. NFC remains. 🙂

userksnzNUu5VV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
@VerbumVeritum your new phones don't listed from S20 to S21 don't state Enhanced Payment capabilities or NFC in specifications. I only found the Enhanced payment under the Z fold phone and none of the other S series. NFC is very important to have in upgrading a phone. Can you point to specifications that prove that?
0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21

@userksnzNUu5VV I have the S21 Ultra. Also, here is the link to the specs. No need to worry, NFC is there. It won't be going away (probably) ever.

userksnzNUu5VV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
@VerbumVeritum thanks but where is the link?
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S21

@userksnzNUu5VV the link is the word "here". 

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s21-ultra-5g/specs/

This spec sheet covers all models. Under Bluetooth, NFC is included.

userksnzNUu5VV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
@VerbumVeritum Thanks, I found it between Bluetooth and Ultra wide band.
[Bluetooth
Bluetooth® v 5.2, USB type-C, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou)

Ultra Wide Band]