JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Network Unlock - Code 132 (RESOLVED)

(Topic created: 12-01-2021 03:09 PM)
Leah_Wong
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I bought my S21 in June of this year off of Samsung's website. I selected the carrier T-Mobile instead of unlocked because I was under it at the time. I recently (today on Oct 23) switched my carrier to AT&T, but when I put the AT&T SIM card in, my phone wouldn't accept it. I tried to go to the Network Unlock settings and pressed the permanent unlock, but it told me "Your phone isn't eligible to be unlocked: reason code 132".

I called T-Mobile, who told me that they were unable to unlock it and that I needed to contact Samsung instead. I called Samsung, who told me that my phone was locked by T-Mobile and only they could unlock it. I ended up physically going to a T-Mobile store, and the worker called tech support in T-Mobile. They said that since I technically bought it off Samsung, T-Mobile wasn't the manufacturer and they were unable to use my IMEI to unlock my phone. 

I have been calling back and forth between the two for a couple of hours now and I still haven't gotten it fixed. I messaged both T-Mobile and Samsung on Twitter and have not yet gotten a reply. I saw that this seemed to be an issue for some people but there has never been a clear solution. Please help me.

9 Replies
traytre
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
First of all if you bought your phone from Samsung, your phone should have been unlocked. T-Mobile should not have locked your phone because you do not owe them any money. Samsung will not lock your phone because you can go any carrier to have your phone activated. My advice to you will be called the T-Mobile corporate office and they will be able to help you. Sometimes you have to go over people heads to get stuff done.
CharlieLiuPhoto
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Tmo employee here. When you purchased the T-Mobile variant from Samsung directly, Samsung locked the device but failed to provide us with the IMEI. Message our Twitter team and let us know that you purchased a TMO device from Samsung, provide the IMEI and a photo of the receipt, we will have it unlocked in 48 hours.
user69u49oLQK7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have same issue, cant unlock phone even after using it for 2 and half year with TMO. Going back and forth with both Samsung/TMO. How can I resolve my issue?

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I would take it to your local AT&T store. They should be able to unlock the phone and install the SIM for you. Be sure to back everything up before you go though, as they may need to reset the phone to its factory settings.
0 Likes
goochbuntu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Hopefully within a year they will illegalize locked phones. Canada has already done this. And many other first world countries. Since America is a 3rd world now they should be working on this someday
Solution
Leah_Wong
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I got the problem fixed! My brother helped me out with calling TMO and eventually we got to someone who emailed a higher-up who fixed it for us. TMO Twitter also offered to help email too, and I would recommend DM-ing them first as we called for hours and yet it only took one interaction on twitter for them to offer a solution.
usernudMGxA500
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Was it instant that it got fixed? Or did they tell you it will take 72hrs?

0 Likes
Leah_Wong
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
It was fixed pretty much as soon as they told me the email was sent through
0 Likes
Thatboinezy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
This was so helpful I'm having the same issue with trying to port over. I purchased my phone from samsung and phone is locked :locked: will give they Twitter a try..
0 Likes