Original topic:

No Option for 64MP in Camera S21 Ultra

(Topic created: yesterday)
Pied
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello all,

I recently purchased a refurbished S21 ultra and have been enjoying using it. My only gripe is that in my camera app, I don't have the ability to swap to the 3:4 64MP option in ratios. I can swap the resolution between 12 and 108 just fine though. I'm not sure what's wrong with it.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

Was it factory refurbished? Did you purchase it from Samsung?  Did it come with any kind of warranty and, if so, is it still in effect?

0 Likes
Pied
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I purchased it on Amazon, I'm guessing from a third party seller. Pretty sure the seller is also responsible for the refurbishing. There's no warranty but I'm still eligible for a return. Do you think the phone is faulty?

0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
If the S21 is supposed to have a camera that works at 64 mp it should be as easy as switching to the other resolutions. If that resolution is important to you, then you should return it. But, who knows what else is wrong with it that may come out after the return period.
Pied
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I know what you mean. I was thinking (and hoping) it might be a software issue and that it would be an easy fix. If it's this issue now, what else could happen? Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Don't forget to sign out of Google and Samsung before you reset the phone to return it snd also remove them from both accounts on line
0 Likes