JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No simple music player on the phone?

(Topic created: 08-10-2022 07:50 AM)
Options
Galaxy S21

I am trying to listen to a podcast (rarely) and noticed that the phone does not have a basic music or media player.

Play music is not longer functional and points to Youtube music, which seems to need internet and stops playback of local files after about 10 minutes, and when I return it just goes to the home page and I have to find my files again to play from the beginning.

Am I crazy, is there no basic local only no internet media player on the phone?

Any recommendations for a basic simple player with not internet, no ads, no prompts and the ability to play continuously for 5+ hours with the screen off.

Thank you

2 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung Music is on my phone and does what you want. 

Here's the Galaxy Store link

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.sec.android.app.music&cId=000001527281

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you, Samsung Music works great. I am sure it is what I used on my much older Samsung phones. I still cannot believe it did not come installed on the phone.

Its simple light, fast, and plays long term without issue. Thank you again.

0 Likes