JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not able to save or send HEIF format photos?

(Topic created: 01-10-2022 03:36 PM)
Dobeluvr
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Someone texted me photos in HEIF format. I could see the images but could not save them to Gallery nor could I send to me E-mail. Personally I don't use that format when I take pictures even though it's available on the Ultra since I know not everyone can open.

Any ideas how I can at least save them to m photo app? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dobeluvr
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you....should have said "save to my phone." Misspoke when I said Gallery. I could not save them from the text message. Strange though since before I sent this help request I was able to text a couple of the HEIF images to a friend with iOS. When he sent them back I was able to save to my phone. So in a way problem solved. I'll find out what he did.

View solution in context

4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Dobeluvr The Gallery is a specialized file utility which shows images stored on your phone. The Gallery does not contain photos, so there is no way to store any images to Gallery.

From your text, can you save them to your phone? If you can do that, then you should be able to attach them to an email after you save them to your phone. 

0 Likes
Solution
Dobeluvr
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you....should have said "save to my phone." Misspoke when I said Gallery. I could not save them from the text message. Strange though since before I sent this help request I was able to text a couple of the HEIF images to a friend with iOS. When he sent them back I was able to save to my phone. So in a way problem solved. I'll find out what he did.
idkbro
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Try holding down on the message and pressing copy then paste it and then try saving it
0 Likes
Dobeluvr
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Nothing happens when I do this. I can forward so sent images to a friend with an iPhone and when pics came back to me they were converted to .jpg so I was able to save.
0 Likes