JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 02-10-2021 10:47 PM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
Xrstoy1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21

@2ndComet wrote:
S21 ultra is finally here guys,go get yourself a s21 ultra if your budget allows😊😊😊. No lie it's a really cool device,all the better parts of the s20 ultra plus more.

Preordered Mine, Phantom Black Ultra 256 g,l free Buds Pro, Smart trag, 2 chargers, and a web cam.

What a sweet deal,

$596.00 Total and my S20+

0 Likes
Jace1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I got my new s21 ultra recently, and was shocked to find the sheer amount of features that I had on my note 9 that were just straight up missing on this new flagship phone. Specifically I was looking forward to the edge lighting and maybe even camera ring light effects, but it seems the ONLY way to have any type of edge lighting is be enabling the brief notifications (which are far less useful, and ugly) and not the larger pop up notifications. The only other way I've seen it in this OS is through bixby routines, where it can be programmed to tasks, but the ring does not fit the screen, and gets cut off (thinks it's a note screen).

Anyways, anyone know if they're gonna bring it back? Goodlock gonna update it finally?
QuestMaster
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a note9, and I had planned on getting s21. thanks for the info. I guess I will wait for the next one then. Anyways, my note9 is still perfect, sturdy as ever.

0 Likes
Jace1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
don't get me wrong, the newer battery is nice (unless you replace ur current one), the 120hz, the cameras are great. there are just some trade offs that they might fix, or might not with the next generation. the SD card slot is gone, and the biggest one for me is that the MST chip is gone, which means samsung pay will only work with terminals that accept it, and no longer just ANY terminal with a swiper. plus no charger in the box. I got mine on discount as a sign on bonus with ATT, but ill bet the next gen will be really good so I would wait if youre willing
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
now edge lighting is in notifications with the name brief pop-up setting
0 Likes
Jace1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
yes, but it has very limited functionality compared to the Goodlock app, and ONLY works if you use that small ugly bubble notification that you can't quick reply to.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
swipe down on the quick reply bubble to open it in pop up view and reply that way? if you really want the on screen camera ring lol.

I'm fine w/o it
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I want to hear how people Iike the s21,s21plus or s21ultra if you have any of the 3.
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the S21, I'm pleased with it. Finally getting myself familiar with the everything. So change is sometimes hard, but for the better. Kinda mad about charger block, and SD card slot, but not a deal breaker. The earlier S models didn't have SD card slots, but I can understand the people that do want it. Maybe on the S22 make the plus with a SD card slot. And atleast their would be something different between the S22, and S22 + Cause the only thing I see different with the S21, and S21+ is the battery. But like I said I'm happy with my S21
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm thrilled with my Ultra 512k.  I'm coming from a Moto Z4 so this is a big upgrade  for me.  I also upgraded from a Galaxy Gear S2 smartwatch to the Watch3 and that is a bigger upgrade than the phone was.  I'm totally happy with the Watch2 performance.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor