JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pull data from S21 Ultra main board

(Topic created: 08-06-2023 04:52 PM)
Stablerone
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My phone got broken and while it does power on, the screen is completely gone and the battery is bent, so it is not worth salvaging to me. I got a new phone, but I can't transfer any data from the old phone via cable. The charging/data port may be damaged, but i cant confirm. Disassembling it, the main board seems to be fully intact despite damage to other parts of the phone. Is there any way to transfer data directly from the old phone's main board to the new phone or to other, external storage, either by myself or by having it professionally done?

6 Replies
Stablerone
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

That looks like what I have, except I haven't taken the two pieces apart yet. Apologies, the disassembly video I watched just called it the "main board" and didn't go into more detail than that.

0 Likes
Stablerone
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

The screen was torn completely off. All that's left is this silver layer (see image). The only reason I knew it could power on is because a recurring alarm I have went off yesterday (was able to silence it with the volume keys).

2023-08-0619.31.355831863105286466239.jpg

ā€ƒI have not tried using SmartSwitch on my PC, but when I plug my phone into The PC, there is nothing to indicate that it is connected.

0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Stablerone Yikes! I really hate to say it, but the data might be irretrievable at this point, unless it's important enough to you to have some repair work done.

Stablerone
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Shame. It's not that important, but I appreciate the help, anyway.

VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Stablerone If you do find a way to transfer the data be sure to come back here. I'm sure it would be beneficial to others to find a possible solution to this.

bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

It all depends on how much money you want to spend to accomplish this.  Just thinking out loud, get a cheapo USB c hub with HDMI from Amazon and hopefully you have an HDMI cable that you can connect to a monitor or TV.  Also connect a USB keyboard/mouse to the hub.  That should get your phone display on the monitor.  You can then try to use Smart Switch either by WiFi or plug a cable from the hub to the new phone. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes