JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Read Receipts , Delivered, Typing not available in Messages

(Topic created: 02-12-2021 08:19 PM)
MariaJM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Can anyone help me on how to get the read receipts I have tried the setting on the messeges and its not working. I ordered my galaxy s21 ultra through samsung (unlocked) I hope what I read from the s20 is true for this phone too. That if the phone is bought unlocked this feature wont apply to your phone.😟

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userQg0rPIb4Sz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks again. I have AT&T, but since I used it just before the update, it can't be the service. Also, my wife has the same phone and our settings are turned on. Hopefully Samsung will see this and update their programming.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Interestingly, I just texted myself and got a delivery report.  I have that latest update and the phone has been restarted a couple of times.

deliveryreport.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
MariaJM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
the problem is not the receiveng end of the other person you text with the problem is the feature. I have t-mobile and it has always worked. my boyfriend and I have never had the need to turn those features on they automatically showed read, delivered , and showed when typing. I get the notification when i text him and sais delivered but he cannot see me reading his messeges nor can I see his. if i switch my sim card to my S8 we can both see "read" next to our messeges so the carrier has notbing to do there. I have turned off , turned on, reset, factory reset, safe mode and nothing. the features are there but wont work.🤦🏾‍:female_sign:🤦🏾‍:female_sign:
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I assume the S8 is a different Android version than the S21.  I don't know if it makes a difference but I'd call Tmobile and have them re-provision my Sim in the S21 for RCS.

Are you both on TMobile?  Have you installed and activated Google Carrier Services?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
MariaJM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
its an old version of the galaxy s family. All you do ia take out your tmobile sim card from one phone and put it on the new phone. theres no need of activating it through T-mobile, its as simple as adding a storage card to your phone. well if you have an older version phone since samsung stoped adding that slot too🤦🏾‍:female_sign:🤦🏾‍:female_sign:
0 Likes
karenr
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
having the same issue and mine started when I switched my Sim card to the 5g Sim card on t-mobile
MariaJM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
that's soon weird! I told it to one of Samsung shops to get it looked at and they told me it might be my old 4g Sim to go to T-mobile and get the new 5g Sim and maybe that would be the problem but it continues to have the same issue with the messages. The person also said that he read that unlocked by Samsung phones have that problem because I guess if you buy the phone by your carrier that phone is exclusive to that carriers options. but I don't see why they would do that. is your phone an unlocked by Samsung phone?
0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

if you are using samsung messaging app, RCS only works with same carrier.. dont know why samsung cant make it like apple

0 Likes
MariaJM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
my device is unlocked by Samsung. but have it under the same carrier with my partner , which is T-mobile but yet he still cannot see my read messege nor can I . it's ridiculous if samsung does this even If the phone is umlocked
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

From what I know, it's actually not Samsung but your carrier. If you buy a phone through your carrier, your phone has a specific firmware with that carrier installed. I previously had a S10+, bought trough AT&T and I had those services working for me. Now I got the S21 Ultra (unlocked), popped my old SIM card in and it only worked with Google messages. Now after the February 1st update, that doesn't work anymore either. I am going to try to flash the AT&T firmware on my phone and see if that works. Will keep you guys updated.