Original topic:

Received a security code for a text app I don't have

(Topic created: Monday)
Beckie1956
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm becoming a regular here. I woke up to a text message with a security code for Telegram. I don't have any message apps except Google text. I'm telling y'all I live this nightmare every single day. I go to my Google email accounts &check security and all the bells :bell: and whistles. I see šŸ‘€ scammer/hacker signed in and used my phone :mobile_phone:. So all morning changing passwords. My question is can these hackers/scammer get to my phone if it turned off šŸ¤” 

The other suggestions I thought of was changing my phone number, BTW I received 354 calls in August. Do I have to do a factory reset to kill these minon :nigeria: Nigerians from this repeat behavior? I'm tired of this, idk what to do. 
I really appreciate your support TIA, Beckie 
0 Likes
13 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Go into a browser off your phone when you make new email and change I'm Google account on the site
The_Chief
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
If you turned your device into a shop for repairs and this started happening afterwards, you might want to report it. Going forward, you should be able to lock down your existing accounts by changing your credentials (as stated, on a device other than your phone). If you have 2FA and are not approving logins you didn't make, this should start resolving. If you have to turn your phone over to a shop in the future, go to Settings - Device care - Maintenance mode so technicians can't access your data. It's sad that this has happened to you.
0 Likes
Beckie1956
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
I found the email the scammer is using, as soon as I signed out I see a message he logged in a few minutes before I signed out. I found my fingerprint was changed. It is going to be factory reset unfortunately, delete the email and get a new phone number. I swear šŸ¤¬ I can't deal anymore with this šŸ˜©
0 Likes
Beckie1956
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
It's hard when no one seems to understand this is severely bad if they never went through it. I don't have anyone really to talk to. Very sad šŸ˜”
0 Likes