JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Still having issues with my Wifi Turning off on it's own after update

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
sbell03
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I was having issues with my wifi turning off on its own and sometimes not connecting at all. A software update was pushed to my phone last night. Wifi still keeps disconnecting. Can we get this fixed ASAP? 

29 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
I also have 3 S23 Ultra's in my home. If Spectrum is who you are calling to ask, it sounds like you're probably using their equipment. It will give you a much better experience to get a separate router and run your own independent device. However, having said that, the way internet providers' equipment functions is on Auto Select band. So what's happening is your 5 GHz Wi-Fi 5 standard signal is putting off a much stronger signal, thus connecting your device to that. If they allow you (I know some providers do, some don't), you can log into your router settings and set independent SSIDs. When you do this, you can directly connect to your Wi-Fi 6 Network exclusively. This way, you will ensure Wi-Fi 6. I recommend seeing if they allow you to download their app and adjust the settings of your router. If so, shut off auto and manually set up your router so that you can connect. It will fix the problem. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Try resetting your router!
0 Likes
SteveyB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi,

There is another post on this topic that I cannot reply to. It is marked as a solution available but clearly is not the solution (clear cache etc).

Since the last week or so, since  the start of June my S21 Ultra is constantly turning Wi-Fi off!! I know others have this problem so no coincidence.

I have just completely factory reset phone so absolutely nothing to do with cache or settings. Most definitely not my own WiFi setup as I have very robust WiFi and problem happens at home or at work. The most likely cause here is a recent update unless multiple users all strangely get same problem randomly.... I know I had an update just before this issue happened.

Please do not post a "fix" to reboot , wipe cache etc.... I have done all and end up with a complete wipe. I did not restore any settings or apps...completely manual setup as fresh phone. This has to be a operating system issue.

Hopefully enough with the same issue Like and post here to get this fixed by Samsung!! 

Thanks In advance for a fix!!

Some finer detail to help (I lead software engineers so know how important info on bugs is!)

When I reset the phone and setup WiFi, at setup it connected and stayed on for around 3 mins... it did not make it all the way through setup before it disconnected. I continued on Mobile Internet.

Once I complete setup and could use the"Pull Down" menu I can tap Wi-Fi and it will usually reconnect. Most of the time is will last about 30 seconds before turning off but can last 5 mins. It also seems to get worse over time and a power off and on usually makes it work for longer. It feels like a WiFi Radio "handler" component in operating system is randomly crashing (just a gut feel) I would get some logs to you if you let me know how....

Thanks,

Steve.

SteveyB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Just to add to this it seems that the issue of wifi turning off is related to how much it being used. For example if I do a speed test on fast.com then the wifi will always switch off during the test. 

Also when trying to turn wifi back on after the issue (in the swipe down options)  the wifi button lights up.... the Bluetooth button goes off...  Bluetooth button comes back on then wifi goes off. 

The above sequence currently happening all times now but wifi stays ends up off and will not stay on at all.

WiFi just tapped u can see Bluetooth gone off

1000005875.jpg

Bluetooth indicator then immediately turns back on..... but then wifi button goes off... all this from one tap of wifi button. 

Sometimes though wifi component seems to fix itself for a while and behaves for a few minutes so can turn on and off without impacting Bluetooth... however, running a, fast.com test while on wifi always causes problem to come back.

hdtech
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
So my phone updated to 6.1 UI about 2 weeks ago and ever since, my wifi on my phone shuts off whenever it feels like it. I try to turn it back on and it does sometimes, other times I have to restart my phone. Anyone else have this issue?
RedCandy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
yes and I have a zfold and it's pissing me off. there is nothing wrong with my wifi, router or any other device. This happened after the recent update and resetting and restarting did nothing. when you restart the phone it comes back for a few seconds before switching back to mobile network. This is not a phone issue, this is the update issue. No e of my other devices have any problem connecting and I work from home using my wifi all day. This update cause the issue
770yup
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I also have the issue and after when I tried to connect to my wifi it just said connection failed
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

After a big update, I would recommend that you please try clearing the cache partition. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device

If you still have issues after this, try putting your device into safe mode to see if a third-party application is the cause. After a software update, if one of your applications is not compatible with the latest software version, it could affect your device. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983 

See if the symptoms persist in the safe mode - if you're still having issues regardless of save mode the next step would be a factory data reset: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If utilizing the troubleshooting above did not assist, please submit an error report. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/samsung-members-app-how-to-send-an-error-re...

0 Likes
SteveyB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

This is NOT the solution. I have factory reset my S21 ultra due to this.... setup from new and not restored any data or apps. Problems with the phone only started with recent updates.

What I have found so far is

- WiFi keeps turning off. Also seems to do strange things with Blutooth when turning on. It is not my WiFi at home or work. Same problem in both environments with 5ghz and also 2.4ghz WiFi. The problem is related to throughput... doing a download test often makes WiFi shut off. Can sometimes take 2 or 3 attempts to turn it back on. Then it only stays on temporarily.

- Google Wallet. I cannot add my bank cards back to Google wallet on the phone. This is phone related as I can add fine to two other devices no problems. It is not Bank related or anything else. I even removed from my watch and tablet to test. These both work fine. This has only been a problem after the recent updates on s21 Ultra. I had all my cards on phone fine before update.

Wiping / reset / cache etc is not the answer. The only explanation is a operating system software issue on these phones since update. As this is the only factor that has changed.

0 Likes
SteveyB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Same problem here... it has to be update related. WiFi keeps disabling and also noticed google wallet will not allow cards to be added now.... only my S21 Ultra has this issue.

All this still remains after a full factory reset. It has to be recent updates.

Check multiple other posts on this topic for more details.

0 Likes