Original topic:

S21+ 5G poor/intermittent cell performance

(Topic created: yesterday)
userhy62Z5bwPU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I apologize if this might be bringing up an old thread, but I have a refurbished S21+ 5G where the overall cell performance is poor, especially in weaker signal areas. Roaming state side is terrible and my recent exposure to international roaming even worse.  It frequently drops to no signal/emergency calls only.

I have searched the various web/forums for the history of similar problems that other S21+ users might have had and to my surprise, this problem is very common (many complaints) and was known beginning back in 2021. But I don't see mention of a solution provided by Samsung.

Unfortunately, with all the time I took trouble shooting at first thinking it was a carrier or provisioning issue, I've exceeded the deadline to return it to the seller for an exchange.  This was my error. 

Could this community possibly confirm this was/is still a known issue with S21+ 5G and there was no solution from Samsung? Did everyone who had issues just give up and go to a newer model? I wanted to be sure before I make a decision to move up to the S22, 23 or 24.

Thanks in advance for the input!

1 Reply
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the s20 and it's the same way. I don't know if it's a weak antennae or garbage cell service or both.

I'm in an area that's supposed to have excellent coverage right now and I'm looking at only 1 out of 5 bars. Inside buildings I lose the signal completely.
0 Likes