JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Battery Life Draining Quickly

(Topic created: 01-30-2021 10:29 PM)
Hauti
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I've had my Galaxy S21 for 2 days, and the battery life is absolutely terrible. It barely makes it 8hrs, and for most of that time, I'm at work and not even using it. I lost 30% of battery life listening to 3 songs. I understand it learning etc but this is ridiculous. Every other Galaxy I've ever had has had great battery life, right out of the box. Is it defective? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
55 Replies
userfcVYm9k9xK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Mine doesn't get hot, but I barely get a day out of it. I've had it 2.5 weeks (so it should have learned my "routines" by now, I deleted or disable apps, barely use the camera, and only one game. Battery life is absolutely horrible!! With this, the absolute horrible S20 I just replaced and the useless watch Samsung makes (Only Spotify, No Google Apps?! What year is this?) Im seriously thinking of switch everything to Apple next switch. This is ridiculous!
Options
Galaxy S21

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

There might be an app running on your background constantly. i had the same issue and they told me a google app was running so they reported to google for me

0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
And the point is?
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Bummer.

This thread is similar, with various ideas.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/February-s21-ultra-update-overheating-and-battery-iss...

Here's my reply, replayed

I turn off Adaptive Brightness (and keep Brightness down to what's required),
* Motion Smoothness to Standard, and
* put apps to Sleep and Deep Sleep, and
* also check all apps and turn off "allow background" for those that don't make sense (they are defaulted to allow background)
... I'm sure I'll think of more I've done, but those are at the top of my list

That gets me about 18 hours a day, i.e., to 20% battery (yea, I'm up at 6am until midnight most every day)
0 Likes
useryYxYhRNvr8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the Exynos version for 3 days so far and it overheats to the point where I cannot even touch it!

it has dropped 10% in 15 minutes of just texting on WhatsApp, no other apps were opened. keep I mind, my phone was on dark mode, power-saving mode, 60hz refresh rate and on low brightness.

It is incredibly upsetting because if I am paying for a high-end product I expect to be able to use the features that make it high end. I should not have to compromise and use night mode and a slower refresh rate.

overnight, I took off my wifi, Bluetooth, data, location etc. and it dropped 14%. it is unacceptable for a flagship to lose this amount of battery by just being on. nothing else. I am also unable to multi-task due to the overheating and the phone lags. Incredibly disappointed

today I used my phone for nothing but replying to a few messages and scrolling through Instagram for a few minutes but the battery has drained twice and overheated multiple times!

My J7 Prime 2 had a better battery performance than this and barely overheated.  This is embarrassing! 

useryYxYhRNvr8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

did it eventually stop overheating?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
factory reset ?
0 Likes
cj5neal
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
stop being obsessed with SOT, it's far too subjective. too many usage factors to compare SOT between users.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Agreed (with @cj5neal)
Everyone's usage is different and so will be reflected in performance statistics.

Some folks only make phone calls, surf the web, text message
Some folks are into photography and videos.
Some folks are into gaming.

Each of those will result in different statistics.
0 Likes