JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21+ Camera app turns on randomly

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 09:23 PM)
orbatrin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

After recent update it seems the s21+ Camera app randomly turns on when unlocking the device and sometimes when pressing the power button. I turned off all settings related to quick launches for camera as well as wiped cache on phone and camera app but the issue seems to persist.

9 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to your settings on your phone Find apps Find the app that you're looking forIs clear cache and data That should fix your problem You will not lose anything
0 Likes
orbatrin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried cache but now tried data as well along with cache and issue still persists.
0 Likes
Shellluvlivnlife
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Mine is doing same note 10+, I have cleared date and caches ......
0 Likes
robert8837
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Have to wait for Samsung to fix this on the next update, I'm having the same problem.
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, I am sorry you are having difficulties with the Camera app just popping up on you. There is another thing you can try if you have already checked your Lock Screen shortcuts. Give these steps a try to clear your device's cache partition: 

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Also,  have you tried Safe Mode? This can isolate if a third-party application is the cause: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Finally, the last step after any big update if you're having things not acting 100% it would be a factory data rest of your device. Just make sure everything is backed up prior to this. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/ 

If the issue persists after a reset and after performing all these steps service would be required. Please feel free to reach out to any of our moderators for further assistance. 

jase79
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This suggested fix did not resolve my issues
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I am sorry to hear that did not help resolve it. Just to make sure we haven't missed anything, since this seems to happen when device is being unlocked, have you tried removing it from your lock screen shortcuts? You can have two shortcuts on the lock screen for quick access (only the lock screen, not the always-on display). These are phone and camera by default, but can be anything you like. The steps are:

Settings > lock screen > shortcuts 

Here you can select the left and right shortcuts, or turn them off completely. Please let me know if this helps and reduces the number of times you see the camera pop up. 

0 Likes
jase79
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have turned lock screen shortcuts of completely and tried to identify any other setting that may contribute and turned them off as well. Still happening at unlock
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I am sorry to hear none of these resolved the problem. 

If you are able, please send me a private message, either by clicking onto my profile and clicking Send a Message, or using this link: https://bit.ly/3hzZfw8

Please make sure to include the following information for the most expedient assistance in the private message:

Full Name:

Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):

Email Address:

Best Contact Number:

Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)

Model Code:

Serial/IMEI Number:

0 Likes