JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ulta, unable to set a ringtone for specific contacts

(Topic created: 02-01-2021 08:14 PM)
acs4cert
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I want to set a specific ringtone for a few contacts.  I see how to do this for the S20 phones, but the S21 Ultra seems to have some changes in OS design that does not permit this.  I understand I can create a group and have a ringtone for that group, but I wanted to select by contact and not have to have a bunch of groups of one contact.

16 Replies
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
I noticed where you choose the ring tone for the individual contact I had to allow it access to storage. Although this could just be since my phone is new.
SPSBG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Please let know you do that (allow access to storage).

I have problem with my S21 Ultra and I cannot manage to set up individual ringtones to contacts.

0 Likes
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
open contacts choose the individual you want to have a ringing for. select edit scroll down. select view more. you should see what looks like a music note and it will either say ring tone or allow access to storage. select that then the ring tone.
userEpFrGDRw3M
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

This works.  Hitting that Music flag and then allowing access to Storage (where your ringtones and mo3s are stored) opens up the ringtone functionality.

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Press the contact name > Press the i icon (i think it's info button) > Edit > View more > Ringtone > Select the ringtone > Save 

0 Likes
userA7KSpAvibq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
same issue on new s21. no ringtone option under view more and cannot get it to appear. have many ringtones available.
0 Likes
Solution
SPSBG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I find a way!

settings/apps/contacts/permissions/allowed - you need to allow Storage

After you do that, you will have Ringtone on the menu and then

Contact name >  info button (i) > Edit > View more > Ringtone > Select the ringtone > Save