JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra crash after Android 13 update

(Topic created: 11-21-2022 01:50 AM)
dpashley
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have carried out the Android 13 update to my S21 Ultra. Currently running cerion G998BXXS5DVK1. Since the update, my phone keeps crashing and locking up. I have to reset (power and volume down button) the phone each time each time to get it working again. This happens several times a day since the update. 

Is there a fix for this or way to downgrade the OS back to a stable version?

8 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Try updating all apps from Play Store and Galaxy Store then wiping cache partition to seeing anything changes.
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
I have a s21 ultra and ive been checking everyday for it. Thanks for posting. I might wait a little bit even if it's available
0 Likes
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21
Might have to factory reset. Although i have a s22u,I had similar issues as you.
0 Likes
MojoRisin179
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Clearing cache might help and make sure your apps are updated as well
0 Likes
Atomyk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I haven't even seen the update yet for my S21Ultra. Been checking for updates as well but nothing.
Solution
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Reboot to the Maintenance (Recovery) screen

Select the Clear Cache Partition option

Next, select the Repair Apps option

... it will automagically reboot back ... give it 2-3 to finish up
dpashley
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I cleared the cache partition as suggested and it now seems stable again with no crashes or lock ups

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Maybe ask your regional Samsung for help and for any info that they may have for this issue.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes