Original topic:

S21 fe 5G is carrier locked and cant be unlocked by verizon

(Topic created: 08-05-2024 05:14 PM)
userR4y3hJYf43
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi everyone.
I bought this S21 fe 5G 3 years ago from Samsung.com locked to Verizon. I have miserable service where I now live so I am trying Mint Mobile.

Problem is, after verifying my phone was unlocked with vz and following all the steps for both vz and mint, I got an error message saying I "could not be activated on another carrier's network...."

I removed my vz rant, very angry with them, but they seem to think I stole the phone or have a fraudulent charge even though I have had autopay enabled for years and been a customer for over 14 years. Never going to be with them again.

They finally stated it was carrier locked and dont seem to have a clue what is going on and want to escalate yet again with a 3-5 day wait.

Would there be any reason this cant be done such as my purchasing a vz locked phone from samsung directly can or cannot be unlocked to move to another carrier?

0 Likes
13 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Keep on Verizon's case, ask them to escalate. Even though you bought the phone from Samsung, it's locked to Verizon and VZ legally must provide you with the unlock code provided the phone is paid off and your VZ account is not in arreats6.
0 Likes
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Usually after 60 days the phone is automatically unlocked so I'd be talking to Verizon if I was the person that's having this issue and be like you're unlock policy specifically States phones are automatically unlocked after 60 days why has this phone not been unlocked according to your unlock policy
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
I believe they unlock phones after 60 days and being that the phone is paid off they should be unlocking the phone there can be a porting issue tho it can vary on time but if your phone shows unlocked in network settings than you may need to contact vz port dept
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Only other option, if you've exhausted all the requirements is to file an FCC complaint and they will quickly respond to unlock it or provide whatever prove is still needed.
0 Likes