JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Should my S21 Ultra have a IMEI (eSIM) if I didn't put it on my phone?

(Topic created: 02-15-2022 09:07 AM)
Brubbahutch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Should my s21 ultra have a IMEI (eSIM) If I didn't put it on my phone? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ibuddy66
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Every device has an IMEI. IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. This number is the unique number that is associated with your device for verification purposes and anti theft. It is often likened to your device's social security number so to speak. An Esim requires the usage and verification of the IMEI and they are not the same thing, but rather, are dependant on one another. Esims are also dependent on other factors. An EID is the number generally associated with your Esim. Various carriers have different methods for activation of esims.

I personally use T-Mobile. Here is their link for troubleshooting an Esim here. https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/device-troubleshooting/samsung-on-device-activation-trouble...
- Ibuddy66

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
Ibuddy66
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Every device has an IMEI. IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. This number is the unique number that is associated with your device for verification purposes and anti theft. It is often likened to your device's social security number so to speak. An Esim requires the usage and verification of the IMEI and they are not the same thing, but rather, are dependant on one another. Esims are also dependent on other factors. An EID is the number generally associated with your Esim. Various carriers have different methods for activation of esims.

I personally use T-Mobile. Here is their link for troubleshooting an Esim here. https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/device-troubleshooting/samsung-on-device-activation-trouble...
- Ibuddy66
Brubbahutch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have 2 imei and one is imei (eSIM)
0 Likes
Brubbahutch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Just checking because I got hacked not very long ago
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I think this is normal. Once Samsung activated the eSIM (I think this was part of the OneUI 4 update) your phone would have its primary IMEI for use with a physical SIM card and this sending IMEI for use with the internal eSIM chip. Mine has the same.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
0 Likes
Brubbahutch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok thanks
0 Likes