need ability to add signature to outgoing text messages

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I can see how this issue can be frustrating. I would recommend you try these troubleshooting steps here

1. Open the “Messages” app.
  2. Press the “Menu”  located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
  3. Choose “Settings“.
  4. Tap “Add signature to messages” to enable text message signatures, then tap “Edit signature text“.
  5. Type your desired signature, then select “OK“.

Your signature will now be automatically added to each text message you send.

View solution in context

8 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
What messaging app are you using?
0 Likes
Dennis14580
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Trying to use the native app but need text signatures. Tech support doesn't go this deep
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I use Microsoft SwiftKey keyboard as my main keyboard. You can set quick responses. I have one as my signature. I like the customization most of all.
0 Likes
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I can see how this issue can be frustrating. I would recommend you try these troubleshooting steps here

1. Open the “Messages” app.
  2. Press the “Menu”  located at the upper-right corner of the screen.
  3. Choose “Settings“.
  4. Tap “Add signature to messages” to enable text message signatures, then tap “Edit signature text“.
  5. Type your desired signature, then select “OK“.

Your signature will now be automatically added to each text message you send.

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
'Add signature to messages' is not an option in my messages settings. v12. 2.10.31
Options
Galaxy S21
Alternatively, you can go to quick replies in your messaging app and add your signature there. I enclose mine within brackets to separate it from the text message. Please note you would have to do this quick reply with each text message sent
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

If the steps SamsungQue has posted above are not showing as available in your settings, this means your carrier does not support the use of signatures on SMS messaging services. You will need to follow up with them directly should the settings be unavailable to you in order to provide your feedback. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes