Original topic:

S21: Touchscreen Issues after update one UI 6.1

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
zakariapara
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,

since the One UI 6.1 update on my Samsung s21 ultra US version , the touchscreen has stopped working. Although the Spen can still be used, it's not very good to use it all time . Is there any futur update patch for this issue or any solution you can suggest to me, please?

Have a great day

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Please try using the Samsung members' diagnostic tools to check your phone for any hardware-related issues. Simply select the support menu in the members app, You can also try rebooting your device into the recovery menu and then select Clear the cache partition and then reboot. This may help 1717364516252.jpg

You can also wipe the cache on the phone after an update, that will resolve many symptoms:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device

If none of those options help - submit an error report via the members app to report the bug. https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/ 

With the Touch screen issue check out this thread may give you an idea of what you need to do: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S23/Update-6-1-made-touchscreen-unusable-without-S-Pen/m-... 

View solution in context

15 Replies
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Please try using the Samsung members' diagnostic tools to check your phone for any hardware-related issues. Simply select the support menu in the members app, You can also try rebooting your device into the recovery menu and then select Clear the cache partition and then reboot. This may help 1717364516252.jpg

You can also wipe the cache on the phone after an update, that will resolve many symptoms:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device

If none of those options help - submit an error report via the members app to report the bug. https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/ 

With the Touch screen issue check out this thread may give you an idea of what you need to do: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S23/Update-6-1-made-touchscreen-unusable-without-S-Pen/m-... 

terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
have you had the original screen replaced since you got the phone ? i see alot of members saying they can only use spen to type, if you had your screen replaced and its NOT a official samsung screen then you are out of luck.. till they find a fix
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Most Repair Screens are Oem Samsung replacement parts, I am not sure what repair service you used
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
They might be oem screens but they need to be updated to work with 6.1 if they return the device back to the place of screen replacement I've heard alot of places are replacing the screens with the ones with the correct firmware to work.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for the information, I wasn't aware
zakariapara
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

it's a software issue du to the new update ONE UI6.1 , there wasn't any problem before the update & as you see there is a lot of ppl claim that the issue is seen after the update, hope that samsung take care of there customers 

Baby Bear
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

So far, the only response I've gotten from samsung amounts to "If you're out of warranty, sucks to be you." Why should I/we be forced to take out phones to a service center and pay to have someone fix something they broke?

wayne9360
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I agree 100%. I took my phone to a ubreakifix place, and they did not charge me because they said they couldn't fix it. I was going to buy another phone (not samsung) and thought I'll just try to reflash the stock firmware myself. I am happy to announce that this did fix the issue. The job involved 2 hours' time, two beers, and a lot of cusing.
userF6KBWSn8y0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Can you share the firmware version and binary you re-flashed it to. This will help to solve this problem created by samsung for S21 users primarily.