JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to connect to 5G since the One UI 6 update

(Topic created: 12-13-2023 04:43 AM)
Sora21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Has anyone else been having connection issues on their phone since the Android 14 One UI 6 update? I haven't been able to connect to 5G on my Samsung S21 5G since the update. I was able to connect to a 5G network just fine before the update. I'm using eSIM. Any solution to this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sora21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I would like to apologize to Samsung support. I found out that my carrier has changed the coverage or is working on something and that is why I'm unable to connect to 5G, they just never said anything or updated the coverage map until today.

View solution in context

7 Replies
TravisO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having wifi issues after the update, but 5G seems to be working.
0 Likes
Mike2861
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having a data connection issue. Every single time the phone is restarted I lose my Ann's and they have to be re-entered. The update is TRASH and Samsung doesn't give a **bleep**.
0 Likes
Sora21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
One of the agents said they'll try to push a security patch update to my phone to see if it fixes the issue. I might turn the Keep system configuration up to date feature off in the network settings and restart my phone to see if that works. I'll give an update once I do. Update.. It didn't fix the issue. Before the update it was set to automatic. Now I can choose my preferred network mode and I always keep it set to 5G. Not sure if that has to do with anything. I might order a physical sim to see if it changes anything. If your carrier doesn't recognize your sim or eSIM, talk to them about it. It could be an issue on their side, too.
0 Likes
BrittanyArrow
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Please do!!! My SIM card will not connect to any network and all of the sudden I have an eSim but neither Samsung nor my carrier recognize it 🤬
0 Likes
Snorris77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My edge panel will not stay on ever since the new update.  I go into settings and edge panel is on bit then as soon as I open an app from the panel, I go back to homescreen and edge panel has disappeared again.

0 Likes
Sora21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
@Snorris77, I'm not sure if you got ahold of Samsung support already. I just did. They said to open the settings app and head to Display > Edge panels. Enable the toggle at the top. If it's already on, disable it and then re-enable it.
0 Likes
Solution
Sora21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I would like to apologize to Samsung support. I found out that my carrier has changed the coverage or is working on something and that is why I'm unable to connect to 5G, they just never said anything or updated the coverage map until today.