Original topic:

Updated Nav Bar Gestures Inconsistencies

(Topic created: Monday)
ARRN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Previously the gestures on the nav bar, particularly the back swipe, was consistent across all apps. The back gesture now is near impossible when using another app that you type in such as WhatsApp, email apps, and other similar messaging apps. It's also very hard to get the timing right with the home vs app switching gestures and you can't use any of them on the main page if you have Samsung Wallet set up. I hate having to use the buttons since they take up screen space but the gestures are near useless now. 
6 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Turn off your wallet on your home screen.

Set it just to lock the screen and off screen.

To do this open wallet, go to all, tap the 3 dots, settings, quick access, turn off home screen.

It's not necessary on your home screen.

Personally, I have it set to just off screen.
ARRN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you, that's a good change I hadn't even thought to look for.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Did you previously use swipe gestures and want them back?
0 Likes
ARRN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes. I know it is from the side now, the problem I'm having is with apps that use a keyboard. It makes these keyboard open and close but not actually go back.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
Do you have the button to hide the keyboard turned on? When this is on, you press the hide keyboard button when you finish typing, and it makes it easier to use the back swipe!1719258502344.jpg
0 Likes
ARRN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I do. It's actually the swipe after closing the keyboard that's the issue. For some reason it I guess thinks I'm trying to open the keyboard again.
0 Likes