JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Where is the 'Finder' icon???

(Topic created: 01-31-2021 07:14 PM)
user6AleSi9VNU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I just got an s21 ultra and am setting it up, in the 'settings' tab for the phone's app finder, there is an option you can toggle that says 'Add Finder Icon' and it says it will add finder to the apps screen.

For the life of me I cannot find this icon anywhere. I thought the apps screen must be referring to the apps tray but it's not there and, ironically, the app finder yields no results when you search for it : p

If anyone can tell me where to find this please let me know!
7 Replies
One-O
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
don't you have to have the watch 3 to find your phone?
you obviously can't find your phone with your phone right?
0 Likes
user6AleSi9VNU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

This has nothing to do with finding the phone. As I said I'm talking about the settings in the app search bar which gives you the option to 'add finder icon to app page'

0 Likes
Amnon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
confusing
0 Likes
user6AleSi9VNU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Actually I would wager money it would be impossible to be any more specific or concise in my description. It's extremely easy to find and very straightforward. Go to search. Click settings. Select 'Add Finder icon to apps screen'  It could hardly be any more straightforward.

I was extremely thrilled to see that they have finally added this feature, much like the 'settings' button shortcut you can put on your home page. I've always been really annoyed at how difficult it is to access the search function, as these are easily the two functions I am using most often on my phone. 

It's just infuriating that they have added the feature, made it extremely simple to activate, and yet the result is buried somewhere impossible to find on the phone. I've spent a ton of time trying to find it. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Just to clarify does it say add finder app to home and apps screen?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

I was trying to look for it, but I can't even find the 'Add Finder icon to apps screen'.  So you're trying to search for apps in your app drawer or from your home screen?

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Go to the apps tray > tap on the 3 dots in the top right corner > tap on finder settings > then look for add finder

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.