JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why my new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra's Screen is so yellowish/grayish?

(Topic created: 03-19-2021 08:21 AM)
Psychowboy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi,

I need your help, please share your thoughts and opinions. 

I bought a shiny new phone, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. Until now I found the phone overall is amazing. Except one thing, the colour of the screen.

This is really yellowish/grayish color. I tried the settings on Vivid, but still the white is dirty white for me.

I had earlier Sony phones, mostly, my last phone was Sony Xperia Z5 Premium. This is my first Samsung phone. I checked my wife's Samsung (A5 2017), that is also yellowish to my eye, but not this much.

The eye comfort shield is off. Original screen protector is on, I took the extra foil.

I read somewhere Samsung reduced the blue lights, this is true?

I always worrying, when I buy a new device, then I get a faulty one or not. Honestly I have maybe OCD, I'm not sure it's me or something.
But before this phone I ordered Samsung S20 FE, and there was a massive problem with the touch screen, so it's not always I am the "crazy" one.

If you says this is normal, hopefully I will use to it, but I need to know is everything normal with my device.

Thank  you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Psychowboy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Wow, I'm so happy, it's working now. 

I swear the eye comfort option was off, I never used, because that option is not for me. 

So I just tried that, I turned on and off like 3-5 times, tried the different options and suddenly the yellowish/grayish color just gone. 

I don't know what was that, but it's gone now and I hope not coming back again and I hope my device not defective. 

View solution in context

7 Replies
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
might have to turn off the blue light filter. pull the top shade down and toggle the filter off if it's on. or you can change the display setting to vivid or whatever you prefer.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Are you using Dark or Light mode?
0 Likes
Plantguru
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Sounds like maybe the blue light filter is turn on and all the way up. Go to settings, display and turn it off and see if that makes a difference.
0 Likes
Psychowboy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, Thank You to everyone. The blue light effect and the dark mode/eyeshield both off. I tried the Vivid settings, but still not the best, what I used to it. I had the same issue with my laptop when I bought a new one (Sony Vaio changed to Asus TUF), so maybe it's just me, I don't know.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Can you please provide me a picture of the symptom you are experiencing?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
Psychowboy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Wow, I'm so happy, it's working now. 

I swear the eye comfort option was off, I never used, because that option is not for me. 

So I just tried that, I turned on and off like 3-5 times, tried the different options and suddenly the yellowish/grayish color just gone. 

I don't know what was that, but it's gone now and I hope not coming back again and I hope my device not defective. 

Psychowboy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

example:https://youtu.be/LXb3EKWsInQ 

Hmm, looks there is another thing. 

If I am watching 4K or 8K videos on YouTube, with some of them the Vivid is not working and switching back to Natural, and getting brighter than the maximum. 

Is that normal? I'm not an expert.

0 Likes