Original topic:

Will One UI 6.1 have the AI features revealed at Unpacked?

(Topic created: 01-19-2024 04:17 PM)
Options
Galaxy S21

Will the Galaxy S21 Ultra and Series get some of the Galaxy AI features with One UI 6.1? If not, what features will come to the S21 Ultra and Series with the update? 

37 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
We have no way of knowing because it isn't currently clear what features are enabled by S24 hardware vs what can be done on a phone without AI hardware
0 Likes
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

I agree with @TipsyTrex , but I am hopeful after seeing a few videos on the topic.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

At Unpacked 2024 they put up a slide which listed the S23, S22. and the ZFlip and Fold 5 series and hinted that it might roll out beyond at some point.

AI is pretty HW intensive so if it does come to older phones it will be limited.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
One UI 6.1 is already in testing for the S21 Series. And they will get Android 15 as their last Android update, including One UI 7.11705709870029.jpg
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@MatthewReiter ,we're talking Ai and not specifically One UI.   There a couple of new more powerful versions of chips which enable it on the S24 so I would guess that even the stated models may have reduced functionality,  especially in photo editing where the new NPU performance is important. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm sure the Galaxy S21 Ultra will get some AI features, including generative wallpapers, lockscreen widgets, maybe more wallpapers. It's the highest end of the S21 Series.
hoyty33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
... Verrrry cooool!
ā˜ļøšŸ™„ Question..?
...Anyone happen to know which phone will be the last to be updated (ex: will A03 still get updates)?
...And, seeing as I can't find an answer ANYWHERE, do you know WHY on earth the A03 photo editor does NOT include šŸ¤Ø"copy/paste"?! (extremely livid!). Even the old s4 has much more & better features/options!
I can't seem to find a copy/paste app to install either, grrrrr. lal
...Hey I appreciate any HELP if possible!
šŸ«” Thanx much!
0 Likes
Pacificaner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
No Ring, No Cloud, and no cloud AI for me at present. Will toggle off as much as possible and hope we won't have to drink the cool Aide.
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

@Pacificaner I hear what you are saying.  Big Brother will still get in but let him work for the extended access.

Summest
S24 and S21.