JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

All Text Messages Not Transferring to S22 Ultra

(Topic created: 03-03-2022 02:42 PM)
userw9ZXV5dpOn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I got my new S22 Ultra. I'm coming from a note 20 ultra. I am missing a lot of text messages, I am guessing because the note I was using the Samsung app. The s22utlra default is Google messages. My mom passed away and I want to keep her messages. Does anyone have any recommendations to get all my messages?
0 Likes
19 Replies
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm not using it and yes you can un-install it
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Great, I was worried for a minute. Thought it was a new over-reach by Google.
0 Likes
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Me too until I saw I can un-install
0 Likes
userw9ZXV5dpOn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks again! The rest worked and I got all my texts. It took forever lol. I didn't realize I had that many text messages. I can't uninstall the Google app, I guess I will disable it
0 Likes
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Aww that's great and you're so welcome and disabling the Google message works also
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
You can still use Samsung Messages and disable Google Messages.
0 Likes
z12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I found the issue when I moved to the flip3, the default setting for the messages app under settings/more settings/delete old messages to save space. It was too late by the time I noticed. Check your settings
kidgirlA10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, nice to meet you. If it's ok for you to transfer text messages from a note 20 ultra to your new S22 Ultra from the computer via USB cable connecting, my suggestion is phone transfer tool like MobileTrans, Coolmuster Mobile Transfer, etc. Such tool can help us do that easily. About the details, you can search online. Please remember that such tool needs you to pay for it. Hope this will be your help. 

userw9ZXV5dpOn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks, I will keep those tools in mind. I was finally able to get them. It took about 6 hours because I have so many
0 Likes
userzcT1Bx7yvG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hiya,
I had the same problem, did some digging and found out what happened, at least for me. I realized that the messages that were not transferring were green on my phone screen, and the ones that did transfer were yellow. This meant that there was a specific issue with the RCS messages not being retrievable with the Smart Switch. Through some internet surfing I found out that if you Install SMS backup and Restore you can use that to transfer messages. I downloaded SMS B&R on my old phone, backed up the messages. Installed in on my new phone, and used Restore. It added in ALL of the RCS messages that Smart Switch could not because that program registers RCS messages in it's system.  Now every single message is now on my new phone. 
Hope this helps someone else!