JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

All Text Messages Not Transferring to S22 Ultra

(Topic created: 02-21-2022 08:44 PM)
userw9ZXV5dpOn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I got my new S22 Ultra. I'm coming from a note 20 ultra. I am missing a lot of text messages, I am guessing because the note I was using the Samsung app. The s22utlra default is Google messages. My mom passed away and I want to keep her messages. Does anyone have any recommendations to get all my messages?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I had the same issue and I had to factory reset my phone then use a USB connector

View solution in context

19 Replies
Solution
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I had the same issue and I had to factory reset my phone then use a USB connector
userw9ZXV5dpOn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
OK, I'm going to do a reset in the morning. Did you have Google messages installed on your old phone? I'm trying to figure out if that is needed to be on the old one too.
0 Likes
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Okay and No it wasn't on my old one just the s22 ultra but I took it off though
userw9ZXV5dpOn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
One more question, thanks for your help. Did you backup from your Samsung cloud account or did you use Google drive
0 Likes
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
You're welcome and some of my stuff is on both Samsung cloud and Google drive but honestly I didn't back up anything before transferring everything from Samsung switch, I just used a USB connector and then turned my wifi on to finish the setup and that's it
userw9ZXV5dpOn
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Cool. Thanks again!!
0 Likes
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
No problem 😊
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
So glad i didn't buy the ultra. No way am i ever using Google messages. They scrape gmail so i know they are reading and archiving messages to connect all your web activity. Serious privacy violation. Thanks, for the information.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Had i bought the S22 ultra and seen that i would be returning it, fast. Why is Google messages even on it? And, as the default, is it uninstall-able?
0 Likes