JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Switch will not transfer text messages from S7 to S10e

(Topic created: 06-19-2023 03:50 PM)
zoff
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Help!  I am finally putting my S7 out of it's misery and I am "upgrading" to an S10e (Verizon).  When I used Smart Switch to transfer everything over, for some reason it will not transfer my text messages.  On the S7, I used the Samsung Messages app (Version 4.4.30.59) and the S10e also uses the Samsung Messages app (version 13.1.23.11).  I have also tried backing up my text message data using google but this did not work either.  Are there any solutions to this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

https://youtu.be/Ktv9iC9bRG0

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

https://youtu.be/Ktv9iC9bRG0

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
zoff
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

thanks for your response Bill.  It took awhile, but SMS backup & restore worked.

JaredTylerLove
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There should be a section at the bottom that says what can't be transferred and give you the reasons why when you click on it.
Jared Love
0 Likes
zoff
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for your response but at the end of the transfer, all Smart Switch says is what transferred and what didn't and it did not provide a reason why.  When you click on the "link", it just took you to the Samsung website.