JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bedtime mode while charging on Galaxy S22

(Topic created: 07-29-2022 02:11 AM)
userZd9Ydacrex
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Ive just moved from Google Pixel to S22+, and I'm shocked to see that there is no option to enable bedtime mode, when charging, after a certain time. This was an immensely useful feature for me on my Pixel and it baffles me that this feature is seemingly missing on the S22.

Does anyone know of any way to enable this feature? Or any other method to simulate it? I do not want bedtime mode to activate UNLESS it is passed a certain time AND the phone is charging.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
10 Replies
Solution
userZd9Ydacrex
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Judging by the responses I've received so far it seems this is not possible on Samsung, despite it being so on many other Android devices.

The closest solution I've come to is using Bixby Routines to toggle on/off Do Not Disturb mode, when charging, between a certain time period. It also automatically reverses the action when the time period is over or you stop charging your device, which is great. Bixby Routines does not offer a toggle for Bedtime Mode (for some reason).

Another solution was to download the Routines+ module within the Good Lock app - an app that is only available in limited countries that required pulling out my sim, force-closing and clearing Galaxy Store cache, and connecting to the US via VPN to get). Routines+ then offers the ability to record Touch Macros and trigger that within Bixby Routines which can be used to record yourself toggling bedtime mode. This has 2 drawbacks: 

1. It's kinda ugly, slow, and dependent on the settings layout or position of your Quick Settings buttons so that the recorded macro works every time
  2. There is no easy way to undo the macro when you stop charging (to disable bedtime mode)

So for now, I'll stick with Do Not Disturb. Here's to hoping that Samsung adds the same functionality around Bedtime Mode that other Android devices have.