JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calendar sync problem

(Topic created: 12-14-2023 03:11 AM)
tvmog
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Ever since I first had a Galaxy phone I have used the Samsung Calendar app for appointments. This has then automatically synched with the Google Calendar app on my phone, which has then synched with my Google account and the information has been viewable and editable online through Chrome browser. This has worked flawlessly for years across several different Galaxy devices, including initially, my current S22 Ultra. However, I have just discovered that since the summer, nothing I've entered into the Samsung Calendar app is synching with the online browser. It is however appearing in the Google Calendar app on my phone.

More curiously, if I enter an event into the Google Calendar app on my phone, it appears in both the online browser and the Samsung Calendar app on my phone. Also, if I enter an event via the online browser it appears in the Google app on my phone and the Samsung calendar. It is only the Samsung Calendar to Online browser that won't synch. I've looked at every setting that I can think of, but nothing seems to fix it.

An obvious workaround is to stop using the Samsung Calendar  and use the Google Calendar app on my phone, however there is now several months of calendar information that is only viewable on my phone.

Any suggestions as to what is going on?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Joelsky
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

It says my issue is I need to turn ON notifications for the Samsung email app for the Samsung calendar to synch... I've had them off for Years without a problem. I think I also have Samsung ultra 22. I almost missed a client meeting the other day as I was out and about so I think I will try your idea of the google calendar 

View solution in context

6 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Based on your description, I can say that I discovered something similar a few years ago. I'd make an entry in the Samsung Calendar app, but it wouldn't appear in my Exchange calendar on PC. When I went into the settings of the app, I realized that I was making entries into a different calendar. My fix was to toggle off all calendars in the app, except for the one calendar I was actually using. Problem solved. 

I never use Google calendar, but because I have a Google account on my phone, the Samsung app "picked up" that calendar and made it active. If you have more than one Google account on your phone, the app will show a calendar for each account. That's simply a default setting, but one that's easily remedied. - if I'm understanding you correctly-

tvmog
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks for the answer. I did wonder if that might be the problem, but as far as I can tell I haven't signed into a different calendar , certainly not intentionally. I don't know when exactly the problem started but maybe  a software update reset something without me realising. The real mystery is why items entered into my Google calendar via the browser end up in my phone's Samsung calendar, but not the other way round.

0 Likes
Joelsky
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same for me worked flawless for years now a massive issue I can't seem to fix with all of the trouble shooting so I am forced to move to Google 

0 Likes
Solution
Joelsky
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

It says my issue is I need to turn ON notifications for the Samsung email app for the Samsung calendar to synch... I've had them off for Years without a problem. I think I also have Samsung ultra 22. I almost missed a client meeting the other day as I was out and about so I think I will try your idea of the google calendar 

johancarstens
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks, this solved my issue!

0 Likes
Jan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

In November 2021 after an update, my Samsung S20 5G stopped syncing calendar and apps with my Microsoft Exchange account.  I spend hours calling Samsung removing and reinstalling the account, restarting and doing lots of other stuff and it was never solved.  Samsung denied responsibility for everything.  Eventually in April 2022 the dealer from which I bought the phone briefly reopened in Kingston, completely wiped my phone and gave it back to me "as new".  All apps had to be reinstalled all over again.  It synced.

On 30th November 2023 there was another phone update which killed the syncing of calendar and contacts all over again.  I removed the account and reinstalled it.  It synced for about 4 hours then stopped.

Emails have always carried on syncing throughout this whole period.

Arguing with Samsung about why it is not their fault has been a nightmare.

Should I buy an S23 or just give up with Samsungs seeing how may other people seem to have syncing problems.

And buy an iPhone after all?