JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Call and text on other devices feature is useless

(Topic created: 07-14-2023 12:57 AM)
odysseus17
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have all Samsung products and the "Call and Text on Other Devices" is the most worthless feature because none of the Samsung products support it. I own the Samsung S22 Ultra, Tablet S8 plus, Classic 4 watch, 89000ua TV and this feature as great as it sounds will not work at all. 

I have AT&T and this "Call and Text on Other Devices" is not support. Where on earth does this feature work properly and if not in the USA why do sell this useless feature? 
Why can't you SAMSUNG support have support for this useless feature? Great idea and concept if supported in USA. 
Why won't you SAMSUNG create a patch to fix the issue to work in the USA and with AT&T? 
It is sad to offer a setting that is not support in our country USA with the phone services like AT&T after paying $1300 on your product.
Resolution: give us your customer and consumer what we paid for by fixing the offered feature "Call and Text on Other Devices" in the USA and AT&T phone services with a simple patch/update.
8 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
That's because AT&T won't allow it's use. It works in the USA on a few other carriers just not the big 2 last I remember AT&T and Verizon. If you don't like it get your carrier to allow it.
Options
Galaxy S22
Fat chance. I have AT&T as well and hate them as a carrier. They don't care about they're consumers at all. I will never use them again nor do I recommend anyone I like to use them.
Solution
Gossipfunda
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22

I understand your frustration with the "Call and Text on Other Devices" feature not being supported by AT&T in the USA. It seems that the feature is limited by the carrier's restrictions rather than a limitation imposed by Samsung.

While Samsung provides the feature on their devices, it ultimately depends on the carrier to enable and support it. Different carriers have different policies and may choose not to support certain features for various reasons. Unfortunately, this means that even though the feature is available on your Samsung devices, it may not be accessible with AT&T.

As a customer, it's understandable that you would expect a feature advertised by Samsung to work seamlessly with your carrier. However, the decision to support or enable specific features ultimately rests with the carrier, and Samsung may not have direct control over it.

If you feel strongly about the feature and its absence on AT&T, you can provide feedback to both AT&T and Samsung expressing your desire for it to be enabled. This way, they may consider it in future updates or negotiations with carriers. Keep in mind that the decision ultimately lies with the carrier, and Samsung may not be able to provide an immediate solution or patch to address the issue.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused, and I hope that in the future, there will be better compatibility and support for the "Call and Text on Other Devices" feature with various carriers in the USA.

TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Unless at&t restricted it, at least the phone and tablet should be able to share calls and texts.
0 Likes
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I use it all the time on my Flip 4 and Samsung tablet, and I'm on the T-Mobile network. When I was with AT&T that option was blocked.
0 Likes
FoxyLady
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
My screen flashes but does not turn on. Tablet S8
0 Likes
Jw-83
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I have t- mobile and it works perfectly between my s23 ultra and tab s8+. Based on previous replies it seems a if at&t has blocked that feature. So it could be the carrier, but also make sure that the feature is only turned on in the phone and not both devices.
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

AT&T and Verizon have their own product offerings which is why they choose not to support Samsung's implementation.  Check with AT&T to see what they offer.  For Verizon it's Message+ and that works great. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro