JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera is over exposing by default

(Topic created: 07-29-2022 04:58 AM)
userWXVclHb0Ps
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

My S22 Ultra main photo mode is over exposing. This has been the case from the beginning (purchased my phone in March) and I hoped then some future update would fix this.

A main photo mode over compendates and results are usually blown out highlights, washout blacks and lost details. This is why I usually end shooting RAW to ensure that I don't ruin my photos. Over exposing happens mainly when there is sky in picture or bright highlights.

One thing I'm also missing is exposure adjustment slider in a main photo mode. I use to have this in my old OnePlus 🙂 It was neat and fast option.

Have I missed some setups or is this permanent?

4 Replies
Solution
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
When you are in camera mode and you tap on the screen, it should bring up the focus Circle and the brightness slider. Just move the brightness slider to your desired brightness level.
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S22
When you are in the camera mode and you tap on the screen, it should bring up the focus Circle and the brightness slider. Simply move the brightness slider to your desired brightness level.
0 Likes
Members_up2eY9j
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

While this is a reasonable workaround, it doesn't address the core issue at hand. The S22 overexposes photos by default. Particularly if the subject of the photo is a person.

userhpSVXM7U63
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I agree that the camera consistently overexposes.  Using the exposure compensation slider for every photo is a pain, and not a reasonable solution.