JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Front camera isn't working

(Topic created: 09-19-2024 03:45 PM)
ramonbtheone
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My front camera just decided to stop working but my rear camera is fine everytime I put my front camera on it shows black and no icons pop up for me to switch it back to rear camera it's effecting all my apps that uses front camera by default and I can't switch em to rear view

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello ramonbtheone, 

Welcome to the Samsung Community. Thank you for posting. We understand that your front camera displays a blank black screen, but your rear camera is working properly. This may be caused by a software issue and the following steps may resolve. Please make sure your device up to date in your settings. Go to software update/system update> tap download and install> check for software updates> if available tap Download now. 

If your device is up-to-date check your camera access: 
1. Go to Settings
2. Tap on Security and privacy
3. Tap Privacy
4. Make sure the Camera access is turned on

If your camera access is switch on make sure your device has enough space by going into Settings> Device care> tap storage and view available space. To free storage space touch and hold and item to select it and then tap Delete/ Delete all and tap move to trash. 

If your front camera is still not working a third party app may be causing the issue. To reboot phone in safe mode press and hold the power button until power menu is displayed> tap safe mode> and check to see if the problem is no longer there with your device in safe mode. To get out of safe mode restart your device. You may need uninstall any apps your recently downloaded. 

Once you have attempted all troubleshooting steps and your front screen is still not working properly back up your device before performing a factory data reset. To perform a factory data reset you go to settings> Factory data reset> tap factory data reset again> tap reset. This will take your device back to factory settings and you will complete your initial setup. 

Lastly, if your camera is still not solved we recommend evaluation by a certified technician. For service in the U.S., you can take the phone to a local U.S. walk-in service location https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung or to ship the phone in for service, please reach out to us via one of the following options: 1. Facebook Messenger:2. Twitter:  3. Private Message

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello ramonbtheone, 

Welcome to the Samsung Community. Thank you for posting. We understand that your front camera displays a blank black screen, but your rear camera is working properly. This may be caused by a software issue and the following steps may resolve. Please make sure your device up to date in your settings. Go to software update/system update> tap download and install> check for software updates> if available tap Download now. 

If your device is up-to-date check your camera access: 
1. Go to Settings
2. Tap on Security and privacy
3. Tap Privacy
4. Make sure the Camera access is turned on

If your camera access is switch on make sure your device has enough space by going into Settings> Device care> tap storage and view available space. To free storage space touch and hold and item to select it and then tap Delete/ Delete all and tap move to trash. 

If your front camera is still not working a third party app may be causing the issue. To reboot phone in safe mode press and hold the power button until power menu is displayed> tap safe mode> and check to see if the problem is no longer there with your device in safe mode. To get out of safe mode restart your device. You may need uninstall any apps your recently downloaded. 

Once you have attempted all troubleshooting steps and your front screen is still not working properly back up your device before performing a factory data reset. To perform a factory data reset you go to settings> Factory data reset> tap factory data reset again> tap reset. This will take your device back to factory settings and you will complete your initial setup. 

Lastly, if your camera is still not solved we recommend evaluation by a certified technician. For service in the U.S., you can take the phone to a local U.S. walk-in service location https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung or to ship the phone in for service, please reach out to us via one of the following options: 1. Facebook Messenger:2. Twitter:  3. Private Message