JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can I remove ATT S22 Ultra visual voicemail

(Topic created: 07-27-2022 02:53 PM)
JohnC45
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Just got my new phone, don't remember setting up Visual Voicemail.  My old s10 never had it installed.  So far I hate it. I find it useless, a voice mail come in, my phone never rings suddenly I have what looks like an old style voice recorded.  Press play to hear the message.  How do I get rid of it let my phone ring and I'll chose weather to answer or let it go to voice mail.  BTW, if it's important I have ATT as my carrier.

11 Replies
groovymomma
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
You're trying to stop it and some of us have had ours disappear, and we want it back. I don't know how to get rid of it, sorry. Maybe tap on uninstall?
JohnC45
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
There is no uninstall. But thanks, hope you get yours. I'm begining to think it be an ATT issue.
Tidbitty
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
did you accidentally turned it off? Mine notifies me whenever I get a voice-mail.
0 Likes
JohnC45
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
No, I wanted it off, my phone always let me know when I had a VM. It just seems redundant to have visual VM. Maybe it's I'm 77 and just don't want to change.
0 Likes
JohnC45
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I might have, but my phone's always told me I had a voice mail long before visual. I'd be happy with that.
0 Likes
Aeterno
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
could the calls be getting suppressed because they're spam?
Confused980
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you tried contacting att cause it could be a issue with your carrier
0 Likes
JohnC45
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
The more I read about Visual VOICEMAIL I think your are right. It looks like another piece of bloat ware from ATT. I will go to them. You know holding down the 1 key was not that hard to do to get voice mail. I've had a phone since they first came out with the bag phone for my car. Maybe at 77 I'm getting too old to change AGAIN.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

You could always disable the Visual Voicemail app, which is an app by Samsung, not AT&T.  Goto:

Settings | Apps | Visual Voicemail | Force Stop | Ok | Disable | Disable App