Original topic:

Cannot sort alarms by date

(Topic created: 03-19-2024 06:54 PM)
Dave53711
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi to my Samsung Community,

ISSUE:  alarms on Samsung S22 phone cannot be sorted by date.  Instead, they are listed in seemingly random order….  With active and inactive alarms intermixed.

Saw this same issue on several other forums.  One listed a solution, but that was just a suggestion by the moderator to pass this issue on to the tech team.  That did not solve the problem.

Understand:  many folks have 20-30 active alarms set and 20 more that are inactive.  It is beyond ridiculous (very confusing and annoying) to struggle with out-of-order alarms.   Even more frustrating is how easy this would be to fix!!

Lack of sequential sorting effectively renders this tool useless because it is so easy to misplace (read: omit) an alarm you want to reuse.  As such, this tool is unreliable.

No excuse for this.  As shown in the forums, this sorting issue has persisted for YEARS.

Please......  Fix this now!

Dave from Wisconsin, Retired
(But still paying taxes)

16 Replies
LDRamage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

there are up and down arrows to the right of all alarms...you hold and move them at those arrows. But, again, when you go back to your alarms after all of this moving around, they are the same as they were before you went to all that trouble. So, I guess it is just a viewer and not an editor after all.

0 Likes
LDRamage
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

That does not work for me. I click on customize and it displays the alarms, and I can select one or more to turn off or delete, but I cannot change the sorting order at all.

0 Likes
Whitley4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
The up & down arrows on the right of each alarm.
0 Likes
Dave53711
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks, but answer lacks enough detail for me to understand what you are suggesting.

0 Likes
Dave53711
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

MORE....

There seems to be the option that I want:

1. Three dots

2.  Sort

3.  Alarm time order

While this  does rearrange the alarms, they are not in order. 

To wit, my September alarm and July alarms are listed before my April alarms and March alarms.

-----------

This is BIG for me.  Am leaning toward a change to iphone for the AirTag.  This will push me over the line.

Thanks All!

Dave in Wisconsin

0 Likes
userPpHPehu7E8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Aha Moment.  I have the same issue.  Looking at the solution offered didn't work.  Then I realized I use the Google Clock, not the Samsung Clock.  The Samsung Clock has the sort option!!!

0 Likes
Solution
Dave53711
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

FINAL SOLUTION...  I just abandoned the Samsung-provided app and downloaded a 3rd party app (free). 

NAME:  Galarm.  Now my active alarms are automatically organized in order as they are set to got off....  the way is SHOULD be.   

0 Likes