Original topic:

Cell signal and battery status not updating on car radio

(Topic created: 08-01-2024 08:10 AM)
jlg3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

My s22 isn't updating the car radio cell phone signal strength and battery status while the phone is asleep. It works just fine while the phone is awake. Taking and receiving phone calls or messages makes no difference...only waking it updates those status values. Software or hardware? 

15 Replies
happytech1878
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Check for a update on your samsung device
0 Likes
jlg3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Its current on updates. I also tried in safe mode and that didn't work either.

0 Likes
happytech1878
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
What brand is your car
0 Likes
happytech1878
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
If it is a Honda and you have Honda link try looking in settings and try seeing if all the permissions are enabled for the app
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@jlg3 You might want to check for an update for your car radio. It may not be completely compatible with the latest Android Auto and Android OS updates. 

0 Likes
jlg3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Its not the car...it works on other phones just fine.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22

@jlg3 Are the other phones using the same Android OS version and the same Android Auto version? 

0 Likes
jlg3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

The car doesn't have Android auto...its a 2017 that uses the handsfree old school...and I did make a mistake in saying that phone call in and out don't update it...just got a call a bit ago that updated those. Thank you for helping...My wife's A54 works just fine...its just this S22 that doesnt

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22
Is it a Ford? The Sync was updated to work with the latest Android OS. Had this issue before on our 2010 Edge.
0 Likes