JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does Private Share work on Samsung phones?

(Topic created: 12-22-2022 09:56 AM)
Kev_nycBX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Does anyone know if private share work on Samsung phones. It shows that I don't have any contact on my contact list which is false. 

11 Replies
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
The recipient also has to have private share enabled.
0 Likes
Kev_nycBX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
When you mean enabled, they suppose to have the app open or do they only suppose to have the app I'm sending it to my brother that has the same phone and I do have a few people that have samsung phones.
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
If they don't have it enabled, you won't see them on your end for private share. They just need to enable it. They don't need to be actively in the private share app, just enabled.
0 Likes
Kev_nycBX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Ok, let me try it
again. Thanks
0 Likes
Kev_nycBX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Where do you go to enabled Priavte share. 
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Kev_nycBX Settings -> Security and privacy -> Private Share

Kev_nycBX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Does "Add private share to you app screen" mean it's enabled?
0 Likes
Kev_nycBX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
May issue is I don't see any contact on the private share app and I know people that have samsung phone. Do I have to call them and tell to open there private share app in order for them to recieve a image or anything.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Kev_nycBX "May issue is I don't see any contact on the private share app"

After you have selected the item to share, click the "+ Select from contacts" and pick who the item(s) should be shared with. They do not have to have Samsung phones. 

"Do I have to call them and tell to open there private share app in order for them to recieve a image or anything."

No. They will get a link to access the shared items. 

Do you have Private Share confused with Quick Share? 

• Private Share sends a secure link to the contacts you select. They have a time (you specify) to access the items at the link. 
  • Quick Share allows you to quickly share items with nearby Samsung users. They have to have visibility turned on in the Quick Share settings for you to see them and send things to them. 
0 Likes