JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Speaker Distortion and Crackling

(Topic created: 04-06-2022 09:03 AM)
kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
If you are having speaker crackling coming from both speakers and you're within your return window, RETURN YOUR PHONE and buy a new one. Hopefully you get one from a new batch that was built right.

Info only:
I pre-ordered early and got my s22 around Feb 23rd. In colder weather, playing any audio through the speakers sounds like they're blown out. Sounds terrible. Some other members have the same problem and said that pressing down on the screen firmly would make it sound normal. As soon as pressure is removed, it goes back to crackling. In warm weather, speakers are fine. 

After calling Samsung support 4 different times, they came up with no solutions except to send the phone in for evaluation and repair. I told them that it's my only phone and I'm not wanting a "repaired" device but a new one. Repaired devices are never as good as factory originals and since I keep my phone's for 3+ yrs, I need one that's gonna last like my s8 active did. 

It's unacceptable that after spending so much money on a flagship product, we receive something that fails quality control. I'm still within my 15 day return window and will be sending it back. Already purchased a replacement myself hoping its from a different batch. 
kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Definitely! Good luck
0 Likes
user8z4cU8YfZx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same issue with my s22 whenever I walk on a beach or around a lake, even in my shower room, the headphone speaker failed complete

0 Likes
user8z4cU8YfZx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

This is a very widespread issue. I returned my first s22 within the return window and got a new one. Unfortunately, the new has the exact same speaker issue as the old one. How could US hold Samsung accountable for their defective product? According to my own experience, Samsung customer service is always bad. Does Samsung care about its reputation at all?

kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes I agree so much that they need to come out and admit there's bad batches of phones and they need to make it right. Hopefully you get a good replacement eventually. I really like this phone but they need to iron some things out
usergg0nzv9qcf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

News: No one actually really tried, but this happens also when using headphones. Yesterday this happened to me as well,  after 3 days of phone being updated too April,s security firmware. I was watching a movie over AKG (usb-C) headphones,  and after 30 minutes, sound started being distorted over headphones. Pause video and resume, distortion was gone.  I did factory reset last night, with prior removing accounts from phone beacose  my S22+  had IDLE drain problem as well, now IDLE is ok, video last 30 min it was ok, but  i have a feeling this isnt fixed and it will come back.  So problem gets over headphones as well, no only speakers, but also over headphones. I hope this will be fixed over update, i  dont want to return my phone. If this happens to be hardware issue , i will demand money back for  the phone in case this is factory fault. Samsung has to aknoledge whatever this is????

So, what u guys will say now when sound gets distorted over headphones as well....when spekaer dont even play....    Did anyone found solution? Does anyone found April,s update fix this with their sound? does anyone got an answer from Samsung about this? Or any info update will fix it?

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

I apologize for the frustration with this! I can definitely understand the concern with the Galaxy S22 sound being distorted. I realize this has to be a huge inconvenience for people. I would recommend customers try some of the basic troubleshooting steps, to see if they may remedy the situation. 

Some of this may not cover specific steps on distorted sound, but I feel this will help remedy some of the same concerns. If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Or if you just purchased the phone contact the retailer to see what the return/replacement options are. 

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

engineerdj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I just had this happen to me today as I returned from a flight this morning. Any audio coming out of the phone would distort horribly. Ran Samsung Members diagnostics and everything was OK. Ejected the SIM tray and can confirm that it resolved the issue. Will be escalating to Samsung to log a ticket.

engineerdj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

FYI. I just got off chat with Samsung Support and I explained the issue completely, walked through their troubleshooting (although ejecting the SIM tray solved the problem), and they wanted me to send the phone in. I said that they would need to send me a brand new advanced replacement first before I ship my phone. The only thing they were willing to offer was to take it to a local service center for evaluation. 

I'm going to go to the service center and see what they say, and I'll also be calling AT&T to see if they will honor the manufacturer warranty. I keep my phones for years (S8 Active TANK, still in use for poolside music control) and I don't want to deal with these weird little hardware defects.

I'm concerned that I'm going to have to deal with the issue whenever I fly now. I flew on Monday from Miami to Mexico and didn't have this issue after the outbound flight. However, when I returned to Miami this morning, a few hours later the speaker crackle was so bad that the phone was practically unusable. Conference calls were next to impossible this morning.

kv1532
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Your story is nearly identical to mine. Im coming from an s8 active and that phone was a beast. I used that thing heavily for 4 years without issue and it was still going strong. Was so excited to finally upgrade to a better camera and overall newer device but I was waiting for a flat, squared off phone similar to the s8 active or how the iphone 13 felt in the hand as I HATE curved displays. Finally this launched and I was all over it. And it really seems the quality isn't what it was 4 years ago... Let me know how the repair goes. In case a moderator turns comments off like on my first post, please comment on the YouTube video I linked above. I'm very curious what the repair techs find.
usergg0nzv9qcf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

News: No one actually really tried, but this happens also when using headphones. Yesterday this happened to me as well,  after 3 days of phone being updated too April,s security firmware. I was watching a movie over AKG (usb-C) headphones,  and after 30 minutes, sound started being distorted over headphones. Pause video and resume, distortion was gone.  I did factory reset last night, with prior removing accounts from phone beacose  my S22+  had IDLE drain problem as well, now IDLE is ok, video last 30 min it was ok, but  i have a feeling this isnt fixed and it will come back.  So problem gets over headphones as well, no only speakers, but also over headphones. I hope this will be fixed over update, i  dont want to return my phone. If this happens to be hardware issue , i will demand money back for  the phone in case this is factory fault. Samsung has to aknoledge whatever this is????

So, what u guys will say now when sound gets distorted over headphones as well....when spekaer dont even play....    Did anyone found solution? Does anyone found April,s update fix this with their sound? does anyone got an answer from Samsung about this? Or any info update will fix it?

0 Likes