Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Ultra will not connect to Android auto

(Topic created: Sunday)
Lisap1229
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have a Galaxy S22 ultra that all of a sudden will not connect to Android auto. It says it's connecting and constantly gives me an error when I connect any cable. Every other phone connects to my car but mine. It used to work, I have researched, restarted, un-installed and reinstalled, bought new cables, to no avail. It charges in the car, out of nowhere it stopped connecting. Any ideas?

18 Replies
Stumper
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Ok i have what might be a silly question ..... Have you tried updating your car's software?
Lisap1229
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It doesn't let me update it..it's a 2018 Kia sorento, I've tried...doesn't seem to be anything to update
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
You may have to contact Kia or a Kia dealer to see if there is a way to uodate the car's software. Did you just get a phone update when ut stopped connecting? If so, it may be the car is incomparible with the update.
0 Likes
Lisap1229
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't remember there being an update. I don't understand why it's just my phone. My daughter has a note 10+ and hers works fine.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
So, if I understand correctly, your phone was not updated, but worked with AA previously but suddenly stopped. Is your phone connecting to the car's Bluetooth and just doesn't start AA with a cable?
0 Likes
Lisap1229
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes
0 Likes
Lisap1229
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes what? The facts of the disengagement? You did not say whether the phone is still connecting to the car's BT.
0 Likes
Lisap1229
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, it is connected to bluetooth, sorry
0 Likes