JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s22 “pocket”/“Big Crunch”? A phone-sized flagship?

(Topic created: 06-24-2021 05:40 PM)
userBPsBpg8ztj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi! The only reason I do not switch to Galaxy from iPhone is that anything larger than the iPhone 12 mini (5.4” diagonal) is simply too big and heavy for a pocket phone. I don’t want to carry my tablet everywhere! I used the SE (5”), got the 8 at one point (5.76”) but ditched it for the SE again even though it is equivalent to a 6s, and now the 12 mini (5.4”). 

However, I am sick of the outdated Apple hardware like 12 MP camera and no periscopic optical zoom. I am tired of needing a 20.5 MP 25x optical zoom Canon point and shoot camera and a phone as two separate devices!! Also, Samsung has better accessibility for handicapped people who need audio texts (CIDP, MG, MS, GBarré, Parkinson’s, ALS, rare small and mixed-fiber variants of CIDP, etc.). Kudos for caring about customers, something Apple has not since Steve Jobs passed. All they care about is their profit margin and shareholders. 

Ergo, I would like to request a compact-sized s22 Galaxy (5.2”-5.4”) with all the same features as the regular 6.2” (Big Crunch sounded like a cute name to indicate it has too specs in a tiny form.) Galaxy and also that all Galaxies have closer to top specs as made for the Ultra, please. The reason the 12 mini only did 6% of the 12 sales for Apple is not that people aren’t interested in a pocket-sized phone; it’s that we don’t want to compromise flagship specs of the 12 pro for the “Goldie Locks” size (third camera, optical zoom, storage). If Samsung makes a 64 MP back cameras, 25 MP front (say with a 25-32 MP option in settings too for saving space for regular non vacation or special event photos to share on the big screen) with at least 20x periscopic optical zoom, I can finally switch to one device: the mini Galaxy and ditch the iPhone and the digital camera! Price is not the ultimate factor; size and features are. 

Thanks for considering! I think Samsung can easily corner the market for compact phones at top specs since Apple won’t give top specs to their devices since Mr. Jobs’ passing and give even less to their mini. iOS is easy to use but is not worth the lag in tech now at higher prices. If Samsung offers top specs or  close to it in all three sizes, say 5.3, 6.1, 6.9, I think you can leave Apple in the dust! 😮 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
I see what you asking Samsung to do. But you asking them to fit a Ford Raptor and chassis in a Ford Fiesta. Can't say it can't be done but some things are going to be sticking out.

For instance just upgraded from my Tab s4 to a Tab S7 + 12.4 256
I did it because the smaller version Tab S7 11 inch. Came with 6gb physical memory vs tab s7 + with 8 gb physical memory.

They tend to fit more stuff in a bigger device. Pro and Ultra devices tend to have more memory. Better camera and longer battery.

If Samsung put a 108 MP camera on a mini phone. That would indeed lay the smackdown to apple. On my Note 20 Ultra the 108 MP camera takes up a big portion on back of the phone. If was a mini phone with same camera it would be almost completely all camera on back.
0 Likes
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.