Original topic:

Gmail Notification disappearing

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Pnokio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

When I got an email when using my Version 10 oppo phone, the Gmail icon would go from none to a red 1, if i opened it, it disappeared.
On my version 14 Samsung Galaxy S22, when I get an Email nothing shows. On opening the app, then closing it, that is when the red dot appears.

9 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

Have you turned on app icon badges? Settings/notifications/advanced settings - turn on app icon badges.

0 Likes
Pnokio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes, I have done as above.

I get notified if contacted or called when using MEET, MESSENGER, WHATSAPP, Phone MESSAGES or calls on my oppo phone.

I get the same on my Samsung all except GMAIL.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you specifically select to have badges on Gmail snd select number instead of dot?
0 Likes
Pnokio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have tried both and result is the same.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you getting banner notifications regardless of badges? Do you have notifications turned on for the app?
0 Likes
Pnokio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I am not familiar with banner notifications.

App notifications are turned on.

My brothers Samsung Version 13 Model unknown settings were copied to mine. No change. His works perfectly.

I have tried using another Gmail account, it does the same.

0 Likes
skiyo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the s22. I get all app notifications besides Gmail unless I open the app, and then it remembers to send me my emails
0 Likes
Pnokio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

When I opened my phone this morning, it showed a red 2 on the Gmai app. On opening the app only your mail notification was visble. On closing the Gmail app, the app shoed a red 1.

It might have settled down now my oppo phone is not being used.

0 Likes
Pnokio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

On checking my phone this morning, Gmail App showed nothing. On opening it, tour reply was listed. On closing app a red 1 appeared on Gmail app.

0 Likes