JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google diagnostic feedback form keeps popping up

(Topic created: 02-19-2022 07:28 PM)
Runplayerone
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I have an S22 Ultra (AT&T) and I keep getting a popup asking me to send diagnostic data to Google. (see photo). It says "user initiated". but I never initiated anything. I have turned usage and diagnostics off and on in settings and it makes no difference. I have cleared the cache partition, removed and reinstalled my Google account and factory reset the phone and it makes no difference. This is driving me crazy so please help. Thanks.ScreenshotScreenshot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Impure77R
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

So, I have been experiencing the exact same issue. For me, went into Google Messages app, settings, help improve messages, and disabled this feature. ALSO, settings, apps, Google, Notifications, Notification catagories, and disabled feedback requests. SO FAR, so good. Fingers crossed!

View solution in context

12 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
What are you doing when the pop-up occurs ? When that pop-up occurs, are you doing the same activity ?
0 Likes
G-unit7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Following. I've got the same problem.
0 Likes
Runplayerone
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

In my case, it is totally random. The phone can be idle or in an app or browsing. There is no common thread I've seen so far.

0 Likes
3pcssuits
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
That almost looks like a crash report.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I think that is a crash report. I wonder if maybe a Google app/service is crashing somehow. Is there a way to view/share those system logs it is generating.
0 Likes
Runplayerone
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

That's what I'm thinking too. This morning I did yet a 3rd factory reset, this time using smart switch and transferring data from my S21 Ultra that is flawless. So far after an hour or so, no popups. I tried looking at the event log on one of the popups yesterday, but it was about 10 miles long and I couldn't see anything that clearly indicated a crash. Then again, I'm not a software engineer. I've opened a case with Google.

0 Likes
Kalon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Happening for me as well. I disabled the Google texting app that came installed on the phone. Hasn't popped up since. I assume it has a bug so until it's fixed just disable and use Samsungs texting app
0 Likes
Runplayerone
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Kalon,  

I'm assuming you mean the Google Messages app. I'm using Textra for my texts, but I will disable Messages to see what effect that has on mine.

0 Likes
Kalon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm not quite sure what it's actually called. I wasnt using it either, I'm pretty simple, send text..get text..end of day. Lol. So I've always just used Samsungs app. but it was the problem for me. I only figured this bc I looked at the, I guess was the diagnostics it was trying to send. There was a view option under the area where I was suppose to "leave my feedback" and among all the numbers, symbols and other stuff I don't understand the words message/messages were sprinkled around. Lol. And since it was trying to send the feedback to Google I put 2 and 2 together and disabled that app just to see what happens and it fixed the issue.
0 Likes