Original topic:

Green line issue on S22+

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Amal_______
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

1000506100.jpg

Recently a vertical line that appeared on my Galaxy S22+ display. The device has no physical damage, and the issue occurred without any prior warning. This problem is directly related to a quality control issue on Samsung's part, caused by a recent software update.

I contacted customer support, and they recommended visiting a service center. I visited the center twice on September 16th and 17th, but it was closed both times, despite Samsung informing me that it would be open.

I highlighted this issue via email, and after numerous follow-ups, I finally received a call from customer care on September 21st, advising me to visit the service center again.

After visiting the service centre on 23rd September, it was confirmed that the issue was not caused by any physical damage from my side. However, I was informed that I would need to pay approximately ₹13,000 to replace the display, even though the problem clearly stems from Samsung's software update.

Given this, Samsung should provide a free replacement of the screen.

It's very inappropriate and pathetic from samsung side and looting customers.

3 Replies
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
They don't have to do anything you got to keep that in mind and if you don't have insurance on it they really are not required to do anything it doesn't matter if it's a software update or not the only time they are required to replace something as if it is a major issue on their part like the internals a screen is not and there is a whole list of devices that we're having this issue that we're eligible for a screen replacement but that promotion has long ended so you either have to wait till another update comes to fix the line or pay the amount they also cannot control what a software update does even if they did all the testing bugs can still happen after it's released
Amal_______
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I purchased a phone for approximately ₹60,000, which developed an issue due to a quality control defect from Samsung. Despite that, the company is telling that I am responsible for covering the cost of a replacement. Truly an example of exceptional customer service.👌

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/visitcountry/ 

Did you know? Your region more than likely has a community of it's very own!! Check out the following link and join the community in your region:  https://r2.community.samsung.com/ 

0 Likes